Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

National Drag Racing Association.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Site Founder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung sung
Default National Drag Racing Association.

here's an e-mail i received.
I got your website address from the article that appeared in Monday's issue concerning the "drag racing" at the old Ames parking lot on Airline Blvd in Portsmouth. I am the Secretary of the National Drag Racers Assn in Suffolk and would like to take the opportunity to share with you a little of what we do.

Our club is involved in promoting "legal drag racing" and not street racing. Membership is open to all and dues are $20.00 per year per family. We meet on the first Tuesday of each month at 7PM at Calvary Baptist Church, 545 Turlington Road, Suffolk. Most of our members are of the "old school" variety with rear driver muscle but we do have a few that have front
drivers. We are always looking to increase our membership and assist those who would want to learn how to compete successfully in all types of drag racing.

Our club has rented the track at Virginia Motorsports Park, Dinwiddie, VA on Friday, 7/25/03 and would like to invite as many of your racers as can attend to be with us. Gates open @ 8:30A and racing is from 9:30A to 4:30P with both lanes being open. Cost is $50.00 for car and driver and crew/spectators are $5.00 each. Cars must pass IHRA Tech for the speeds they run. Both lanes will be open and although there will be no "competition" between cars because of track regulations/insurance, etc.
since it is a "Test & Tune" all cars will run in a "heads up" format.

If you have interest, please contact me. During the day my work number is 397-2005 with home number of 934-2962. Home email is grandmasracer@msn.com

I am impressed with your site and wish you the best in promoting it and the sport.

Best regards,

Collis Bryant
Old 07-09-2003, 08:38 PM
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

sounds good who all is considering going
Old 07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd go, bu I can't get off work on Fridays. Good jesture of fait though. We need all that we can get.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:46 PM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

$50 isnt bad at all for pretty much one day of unlimited runs, but theres the $20 1 year membership which isnt bad just alot of money up front,

I want to hear more about what this group does, how often do they rent out the track and what not
Old 07-10-2003, 05:21 AM
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

I know Collis and his wife Anna well and can tell you that they are die-hard racers and all around good folks. They helped me get dialed in my first time at VMP, and are always around to help track newcomers. Anna also drives a 12 second '65 Barracuda! How many of your grandmas can claim that?!
Old 07-10-2003, 05:57 AM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

I wish it was on Saturdays then I would go for sure.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:07 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

if i can get that friday off then im there. i dont see why i wouldnt be able to so count me in if we get enough people involved
Old 07-10-2003, 08:05 AM

Collis is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the third Friday this year that the NDRA has rented the track at VMP. We will attempt to have one more before the season is over but the VMP schedule does not look promising at this point. We will be working with VMP for 2004 to have one of these about every other month.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the NDRA we were formerly the Suffolk Chapter of the American Drag Club and have been meeting for about five (5) years. We currently have about 30 families involved and looking to grow and form chapters in other areas.