Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Is my headunit toast?

Old 09-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is my headunit toast?

I just got my headunit back from a buddy of mine. It worked fine the whole time that it was in his car...

I go to put it back into the EG and it turns on and everything, but there is no sound at all. I don't have the slightest clue as to what it could be. It is an Alpine CDA-7893 and I've owned it for about four months...worked like a champ! Now it's not. Is there a setting on the unit somewhere or some kind of code that I accidentally pressed in?

If anyone could help me, that would be totally awesome.
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Is my headunit toast?

Are you using any amplifiers, or the one built into the unit. And if you are using an amp, are you sure it is hooked up correctly and powered up? Checked all fuses?
Old 09-10-2004, 12:06 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Check fuses, rca cables, and audio hookups on the back of the headunit. Also check all of the settings on the unit as well once you've verified everything is hooked up properly. If these don't work, take it to a stereo shop.
Old 09-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am the smartest man alive!! My passenger side speaker wasn't grounded all the way...for some reason that impacted the ENTIRE sound system. Well, perhaps because it's hooked up to the amp... I love it when it's a simple thing. Thanks for the help guys!!