VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   My DD thread that needs a better title... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/my-dd-thread-needs-better-title-459625/)

TATTRAT 12-13-2012 10:36 PM

Re: My DD thread that needs a better title...

MINI COOPER S

POS DSM 12-13-2012 10:43 PM

lulz I LOVE driving Mini coopers...I used to work at checkered flag mini/bmw. so much fun...but nice 05-06 ones were out of my range. Earlier ones had some problems. Don't worry this Miata I'm getting is schweet.

POS DSM 12-13-2012 10:45 PM

they used to have a JCW equipped loaner we would take out....oh man that poor car haha

TATTRAT 12-13-2012 11:08 PM

1st gens are SO much more fun, and well within price point. Easy to upgrade, it's a car with a culture, a lot more fun than the Big car/small pee pee crowd. So long as you handle the scheduled maintenance they go, go, go. . .not quite as bad as some BMW things that are designed to fail.

I only run a whopping 220hp but MAN, is that shit fun, and while it's not the fastest, in the turns it's like a go cart for adults.

32mpg city, and 36-38 mpg highway.

$42 to fill up, and I fill up twice a month.

IT's A FUN CAR. PEOPLE LOVE MINIS. There is a novelty abut them that folks love, and I had NO idea when I got one that there was such a culture involved with them. I love my MINI. It's fun to drive on a daily basis, economical, a solid/quality ride, and it's an icon. I had NO IDEA I would love my MINI as much as I do when I bought it.

YES. I AM A MINI FANBOI, FUCK YOU NON BELIEVERS!

Yep4doors 12-13-2012 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 8016969)
1st gens are SO much more fun, and well within price point. Easy to upgrade, it's a car with a culture, a lot more fun than the Big car/small pee pee crowd. So long as you handle the scheduled maintenance they go, go, go. . .not quite as bad as some BMW things that are designed to fail.

I only run a whopping 220hp but MAN, is that shit fun, and while it's not the fastest, in the turns it's like a go cart for adults.

32mpg city, and 36-38 mpg highway.

$42 to fill up, and I fill up twice a month.

IT's A FUN CAR. PEOPLE LOVE MINIS. There is a novelty abut them that folks love, and I had NO idea when I got one that there was such a culture involved with them. I love my MINI. It's fun to drive on a daily basis, economical, a solid/quality ride, and it's an icon. I had NO IDEA I would love my MINI as much as I do when I bought it.

YES. I AM A MINI FANBOI, FUCK YOU NON BELIEVERS!

This makes me want to buy a mini!!!

You're too convincing you know that?

TATTRAT 12-14-2012 12:35 AM

I'm not bull shittin'. Ask anyone who has driven an S. The "Justas" (non s) are even fun, but for real. Ask anyone who drives an S, a JCW, or a harder to find GP. More smiles per gallon than anything else.

Look at my avatar for Christs sake, they are silly fun to drive!

Yep4doors 12-14-2012 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by TATTRAT (Post 8016975)
I'm not bull shittin'. Ask anyone who has driven an S. The "Justas" (non s) are even fun, but for real. Ask anyone who drives an S, a JCW, or a harder to find GP. More smiles per gallon than anything else.

Look at my avatar for Christs sake, they are silly fun to drive!

I may have to find someone that has one just to see. I don't doubt it though, I hear shit about mini's all the time and the culture behind them is massive.

Looked on google at the 2012 JCW Mini, my fucked heart melted. IT'S BEAU-T-FUCKING-FUL.

valdaviper1 12-14-2012 05:29 AM

I have a base Mini(with a loaded interior, don't judge) and a 92 MX5. I can vouch for the fun to drive factor in the Mini, even in base form it's quicker than my NA. It's fun to drive, but I still take the Miata most of the time just because it feels like a go cart, even in near stock form. Also, my Miata only has power from 4-6k, whereas the Mini's torque pushes it easily from 2-5k, but not much after that(again, this is for the base) but still quicker than you think. S's are fun too, but I've heard some bad stories about reliability. I'm also partial to the NA's clutch and shift feel as well as the light steering. Honestly my 20+ old Miata is holding up better inside than the Mini though..Insurance is close to the same price on both though. Actually selling my Mini as we speak lol.

POS DSM 01-01-2013 04:28 PM

Well, I didn't get the miata

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8217/8...9f1938a6_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8084/8...f7f9efe4_b.jpg

POS DSM 01-01-2013 04:42 PM

I was literally 2 days away from driving down to NC to get the miata and this popped up for sale. Seller was only 10 minutes down the road from me so I figured it couldn't hurt to check it out.

2 owner car, garage kept by a pretty wealthy owner, 80k miles but looks and drives like half of it and got it for a great price. Doesn't have the typical bolster wear, no noticeable wear in the soft top and doesn't make the dreaded timing chain tensioner tick. Has a Greddy SE exhaust, eibach springs, and K&N FIPK but is otherwise stock.