VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   My DD thread that needs a better title... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/my-dd-thread-needs-better-title-459625/)

POS DSM 12-12-2012 11:54 PM

My DD thread that needs a better title...

Yeah I'm aware this has been discussed a bazillion times, sue me faggots

I'm looking for a reliable yet fun DD. Price range is 10-12k

I want something that is fun to drive in stock form without modding heavily. Reason is I have much higher aspirations but I need something to move myself until I get there. I already have one moneypit I don't need another.

Very heavily considering an NB Miata. Nothing else I can think of combines the fun to drive factor and being economically better. Have ruled out a WRX and s2000 as the cherry ones I would want are out of my range. Has to be reliable, easy to maintain and good on gas, and of course fun to drive. Pretty sure I've thought of everything, but what else is out there?

POS DSM 12-13-2012 12:05 AM

Re: Alright faggles tell me a good DD

I'm trying to stay at least 2000 or newer, and like I said I want something that doesn't need tons of mods and correctings of factory fuck ups to be fun

JDM74 12-13-2012 02:43 AM

Keep in mind the 99 and 2000 NB's are the only ones that take regular gas too. I don't know if saving 3 bucks a fill up is important or not but that is what it turns out to be. I daily a 99 NB but it probably is in rougher shape than what you are looking for. I get about 30 mpg in the summer and around 27-28 in the winter. Good luck finding something more fun for as cheap.

Yep4doors 12-13-2012 03:25 AM

I take it as you're looking for something presumably not fwd? Your price range is in the area of hard to find for a fun vehicle.

350z's would be close to that range if you like those, I'm not sure how maintenance goes for those though.

I'm not going to say rx-8 because magic triangles aren't reliable.

-JB- 12-13-2012 05:10 AM

If you are looking for the sporty 2 seaters like what was said Miata or 350z are in that price range.

If you give us better ideas of options you want, that could help out. 2door, RWD, 2seat, coupe, muscle car, import, etc etc with Pink rainbows. Don't forget the pink rainbows.

PhillyLS1 12-13-2012 05:36 AM

Used C5's are in that price range if you look. They get great gas mileage too. And you won't have to suck any D, unlike owning a miata.

BAN HAMMER 12-13-2012 05:57 AM

How about an A spec TSX? Lol.

PicovAndropov 12-13-2012 06:28 AM

Ferrari.

Lay Zee H 12-13-2012 06:39 AM

Rolls.

POS DSM 12-13-2012 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by PicovAndropov (Post 8016109)
Ferrari.

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H (Post 8016119)
Rolls.

Now we're talking milk and cookies