Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

molding???

Old 08-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runnin13s is on a distinguished road
Default molding???

does any one know how much it would be to get a body kit molded on a crx?? and get it painted and shit like that ??
Old 08-30-2003, 04:30 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

there is such a broad banded answer, im sorry because i cant give you a definate one.. if you want a GOOD paintjob (im talking like what you would expect the car to be painted like, that means no overspray, all the paint is where it should be, no runs, or bubles) expect 1500, trust me because i went around all of sova looking at estimates and that was the average. as for the body kit and molding, i have no idea, but i talked with one shop before when i was thinking about body kit and the same thing you where, they ended up giving me a package deal price so it was like 1700 if i bought the body kit seperate and rocked one of their stickers... your just gonna have to hunt around. good luck
Old 08-30-2003, 09:30 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

ill mold it and paint it for 2000 bucks...but keep in mind first time you hit something such as a driveway,curb etc..it may crack where its molded its hard as hell to get steel and fiberglass to bond together and never crack but as long as u can drive then youll be fine
Old 08-30-2003, 09:31 AM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

thats jambs ,under hood etc..
Old 08-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

well i just want the sideskirts and bumper molded(mugen sideskirts with door caps and mugen bumper) i dont want to get the bumper because of it all crackin and its all urethane not fiber glass
Old 08-30-2003, 07:38 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

well urethanes even harder and nearly impossible to mold because there is very few materials that can stick to both urethane and metal so ...im getting myself out of this molding dilema ..but i can still paint it for you though
Old 08-30-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

how much for just the basic paint job nothing extavagent (sp) just like either white or black im not really sure what color i want yet
Old 08-30-2003, 08:00 PM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

why not just throw a whole bunch of bondo between the kit and the shell ...then sculpt and sand it???
Old 08-30-2003, 08:58 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally posted by LSPinoy
why not just throw a whole bunch of bondo between the kit and the shell ...then sculpt and sand it???
because bondo doesn't stick to urethane.
and putting bondo all over your car is a bad idea to start with.

nftuatn check pm.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Bondo is really weak and doesn't have any reinforcement, and it's polyester based, which won't stick to urethane worth a crap. Urethane can be bonded to metal with the right adhesives, but then you run into thermal expansion differences, and you really have to get enough bonding surface area, etc. It's sounds like a giant pain in the ass. You're probably better off getting a fiberglass bumper and getting that molded instead.
Actually, are the bumper and sideskirts BOTH urethane?? There may be a way to do that, IF they're the same material. There is a bumper adhesive/filler specifically for that type of plastic, and you could probably use it like a resin if the right reinforcement was used. You'd need some open weave fiberglass or nylon cloth to overlap both pieces and strengthen the area. I've never done this before, but it may work..

Quick Reply: molding???