Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Modding advice

Old 09-18-2008, 11:30 AM
AKA: SHY_GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy
Default Modding advice

Two options, I'll be coming into some cash in November and with school paid for and having a 100% job assurance upon graduation I'm thinking about getting some car stuff. The car will also be paid off, so will my credit cards etc.

Definite:
OEM rear lip spoiler (classic roadster look IMO)
Fixing my fender (dropped a ladder on it)
replace my daily tires
2002-3 ECU
DD tires

Optional: (several mods)
$1.4k Ground control/koni yellow, corner balance and alignment
$300+/- Snorkel with cooling plate
$1.2k +/- Single exhaust
$300+/- solid x-brace
$1.5 Einke 17x7.5 +48 17x9 +45 225/255 Falken RT615
Toda clutch and flywheel.

Any other alternatives or input anyone would like to add?

Last edited by S2K_Guy; 09-29-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:43 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Modding advice

option 2. why get one thing when you can get a few things and still achieve what you would get with just option 1.

(ie.. still get lowered and suspension but get more with it)
Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Stay away from the Chumptech intake. It's crap.

And see if you can find a Digrappa X-Brace. The Spoon one doesn't do anything.

The rest is good. I wouldn't do the spoiler but if that's what you want then go for it. And make sure you keep your cat if you go single.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Snoochie boochies

Beachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond reputeBeachin_240 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't go wrong with a nicely matched Koni/GC setup.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:24 PM

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by dave22

The rest is good. I wouldn't do the spoiler but if that's what you want then go for it. And make sure you keep your cat if you go single.
I think they stopped making the Digrappa brace, I searched S2ki and that's what I found. The only group buy I saw was from 2002. I do plan on keeping my cat, and I want to keep things close to stock noise level, so I think an n-1 style muffler is out.

Last edited by S2K_Guy; 09-18-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dave22

+1

Comptech intake has a hole in it for the hood prop and that allows it to suck in hot air. Go with a mugen replica if you want sound and carbon. If you want performance, just stay with the stock airbox. No intake offers enough gains to justify the $$.

The spoon X-Brace, like the rest of their bars, are hollow. They flex way too much to do anything.

And a personal opinion. You fail for wanting to keep heavy stock wheels. Lightweight wheels are the best all around mod for the S2k IMO. You get improved handling, braking,acceleration, and a better looking stance. The stock offsets on all hondas SUCK! Just take your wasted intake and corner balancing money and get a nice set of wheels.

I'm not positive on this one, but I think corner balancing a 50/50 weight distributed car is pointless. I'm pretty sure it would be a waste of money for a street car.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by EKRyan
+1

Comptech intake has a hole in it for the hood prop and that allows it to suck in hot air. Go with a mugen replica if you want sound and carbon. If you want performance, just stay with the stock airbox. No intake offers enough gains to justify the $$.

The spoon X-Brace, like the rest of their bars, are hollow. They flex way too much to do anything.

And a personal opinion. You fail for wanting to keep heavy stock wheels. Lightweight wheels are the best all around mod for the S2k IMO. You get improved handling, braking,acceleration, and a better looking stance. The stock offsets on all hondas SUCK! Just take your wasted intake and corner balancing money and get a nice set of wheels.

I'm not positive on this one, but I think corner balancing a 50/50 weight distributed car is pointless. I'm pretty sure it would be a waste of money for a street car.
I trust your judgment immensely, but I want to make sure that when I drop it I don't fuck up the balance. Especially when I take out the top, single exhaust, etc. I would get a set of light wheels, but I'm not trying to spend that much. Should I just get a $40 snorkel off ebay, cooling plate and insulate the box calling it a day? That would be a great savings, power increase, and availability to get wheels.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by S2K_Guy
I trust your judgment immensely, but I want to make sure that when I drop it I don't fuck up the balance. Especially when I take out the top, single exhaust, etc. I would get a set of light wheels, but I'm not trying to spend that much. Should I just get a $40 snorkel off ebay, cooling plate and insulate the box calling it a day? That would be a great savings, power increase, and availability to get wheels.
If you plan on doing it in stages, you'll be wasting money with things like corner balancing, imo.

Also, I'd consider the snorkel, cooling plate line of thinking a little more heavily. Like Ryan said, putting light wheels on the cars would make a big difference, imo.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

IMO, I'd steal Rob's wheels. Those Emotions are just so money.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:36 PM

Not a staged thing, I'll order everything at once.... like that kid with his new AMEX card, only responsibly. Choosing quality parts and researching.

Quick Reply: Modding advice