Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

matching amp to sub

Old 02-01-2004, 04:39 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: matching amp to sub

GaRn.. come on, are you joking? JBL? you can find much better amps, especially on eBay for under 150...

(imo)
Old 02-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never heard anything great about JBL. I think JL makes a 250 watt monoblock amp. I am sure that would be a great match for your sub.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

That subwoofer is not that great and will not require alot of power. I would look for an inexpensive mono channel amp. Avoid the cheaper companies like JBL, Legacy, etc. and mediocre companies like Pioneer and Kenwood.

Alpine makes great low power amps. For high power (which you will not need), I suggest Rockford Fosgate Punch Power.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

no, im not joking.. go to any well known car audio forum and see for yourself.. I to have had personal experience with JBL amps, and for the money, you cant beat it..

my current setup..

Alpine 9815
Hifonics 4400 4 channel 55x2 220x1
Adire Audio Shiva MK2
Image Dynamics CTX6's
Knukonceptz wiring
Old 02-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

if you want a new sub... check out www.edesignaudio.com

i talked my friend into gettin the 10k sub, its only around 120 or so, best 10" sub for the money i have ever heard..
Old 02-03-2004, 12:59 PM
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

anyone know a good amp for 2 10" alpine type r subs. i got 2 12" mtx 8000 subs for sale. anyone interested? http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40510
Old 02-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally Posted by GaRn
no, im not joking.. go to any well known car audio forum and see for yourself.. I to have had personal experience with JBL amps, and for the money, you cant beat it..
TOTALLY disagree...also based on personal experience.
Originally Posted by Shaminii
anyone know a good amp for 2 10" alpine type r subs.
Alpine amps are a good match for their subs.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:21 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

i got an alpine mrvf amp around 150-200rms and 12inch kick competition.i like it a lot..my friend has a jl audio 500/1 amp and 10 inch jl w7..its fuckin crazy loud
Old 02-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

w7s are insanely loud, they hurt my ears lol.

i'm about to buy a 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7 04S12L7, how good are those?
Old 02-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Atheist.

Solo Barics and RF Punch Powers are the best subwoofers I have ever heard.

That 1000W MTX speaker is badass too; but I don't care much for MTX.

Quick Reply: matching amp to sub