Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Look out for a stolen car

Old 07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Look out for a stolen car

Ok guys unfortunately a lady that swims at my fiance's work husband's 1997 Saleen was stolen.

It's supposedly on the HEAT website along with pictures, but I can't find it.

Anyways this is what I know.

1997 Saleen
White with a black convertible top
White wheels
It has less than 10K miles on it

It's definitely a nice car from what I've just heard myself. I know looking for stolen cars is like searching for a needle in a haystack, but if you guys can just keep a lookout and let me know I'd certainly appreciate it. You don't see too many cars like that everyday, so it should stick out.

Stolen from Norfolk. Not sure of the area.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:22 PM
EF turd

DirtyEF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Look out for a stolen car

theres one in my neighborhood just like that.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

How long has it been in your neighborhood?
Old 07-21-2005, 08:00 AM

saleenspec is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=ZolHbyvj

Saw it on Channel 3 couple days ago, hurts me to think that anything could happen to that saleen.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

Originally Posted by saleenspec

Saw it on Channel 3 couple days ago, hurts me to think that anything could happen to that saleen.

i hate people like that. Just take some ones hard earned projects and toys. That shit irritates me
Old 07-21-2005, 08:11 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

its gone man.

when people steal real cars (unlike morons that steal the hondas) 99% of the time they are gone without a trace.

they may get ballsy and do a stupid one though, and get themselves caught. like the kid at tech that stole the viper from the dodge showroom. nothing like using a Prowler to break the window so they can drive the viper out.

moron got himself caught selling the parts on ebay, and when they arrested him, they found several other cars in pieces in his storage building.

it hurts me to see a mustang get stolen. hope they catch dude that did it though.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:20 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by saleenspec

they only make 300 saleens? every year?

I'll keep an eye out.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

That car is probably not in the US anymore if it was stolen by professionals.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:15 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by fc735
its gone man.

when people steal real cars (unlike morons that steal the hondas) 99% of the time they are gone without a trace.

they may get ballsy and do a stupid one though, and get themselves caught. like the kid at tech that stole the viper from the dodge showroom. nothing like using a Prowler to break the window so they can drive the viper out.

moron got himself caught selling the parts on ebay, and when they arrested him, they found several other cars in pieces in his storage building.

it hurts me to see a mustang get stolen. hope they catch dude that did it though.
You have to admit, that kid knew what he was doing, or was just a lucky scumbag kid that stole a brand new Viper from the showroom.. He didn't get caught for what.. 2-3 years? Fucked up and sold parts on ebay, like you said. I, too, thought that car would have been out of the country as soon as it was stolen. Amazing how you can do something like that and not get caught for YEARS.

But yes, I hope they catch the thieves too. Someone was trying to break into my car a few nights ago.. I'm going to look at handguns this week (I know.. just what the world needs.. haha)
Old 07-24-2005, 09:05 AM

saleenspec is an unknown quantity at this point

when I saw it on channel 3, when they did the interview and stuff. They said while his other car was getting broken in to the theifs found his extra keys to the saleen and took off with it. I don't think they where pros.

Quick Reply: Look out for a stolen car