Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Local Motors. "Rally Fighter"

Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 AM
Logic is my religion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default The Local Motors. "Rally Fighter"

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/30/v...rced-rally-fi/

Spoiler

I think its an awesome Idea, and it looks very fun. I would like to see this car produced. I also think in a perfect world this would have been a pretty sweet type of vehicle to carry a Jeep moniker. Unlike those rolling abominations the compass and whatever the other one is called.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:09 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda
Default Re: The Local Motors. "Rally Fighter"

Originally Posted by benflagg
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/30/v...rced-rally-fi/

Spoiler

I think its an awesome Idea, and it looks very fun. I would like to see this car produced. I also think in a perfect world this would have been a pretty sweet type of vehicle to carry a Jeep moniker. Unlike those rolling abominations the compass and whatever the other one is called.
The problem is hidden by the spoiler. Assuming they choose to actually follow through by "referencing the interent", the results could be catastrophic. I can see it now: a PEDOBEAR accessible, Boxxy-driven, fairly retarded afro-ninja-decorated, in dash video of Tron Man doing god knows what, fueled by excess methane left over from the two girls one cup video, all in a fairly economical utility vehicle. Jesus, what have we done?

EDIT: In all reality, this has potential. Anything that is designed by the consumer has potential to sell well. Should be pretty cool.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by WRXWGN2NR
The problem is hidden by the spoiler. Assuming they choose to actually follow through by "referencing the interent", the results could be catastrophic. I can see it now: a PEDOBEAR accessible, Boxxy-driven, fairly retarded afro-ninja-decorated, in dash video of Tron Man doing god knows what, fueled by excess methane left over from the two girls one cup video, all in a fairly economical utility vehicle. Jesus, what have we done?

EDIT: In all reality, this has potential. Anything that is designed by the consumer has potential to sell well. Should be pretty cool.
Oh yea, I could care less about the "crowd sourcing" gimmick they are claiming. I just think the concept is badassed, and I can see myself having endless fun behind the wheel of a car like that.

Also this would be the perfect car for the new Mad Max movie.

Last edited by R. Danneskjöld; 11-02-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Originally Posted by benflagg
Oh yea, I could care less about the "crowd sourcing" gimmick they are claiming. I just think the concept is badassed, and I can see myself having endless fun behind the wheel of a car like that.

Also this would be the perfect car for the new Mad Max movie.
FUCK YAH. I didn't even think of that, very true. And hell, any Baja-based vehicle is bad ass to drive. Should be very interesting to see this concept progress.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Sorry, I couldn't take anything about the company serious after I read this

Local Motors' CEO Jay Rogers fought in the Iraq war as a Marine and "saw the oil problem with his own eyes," says the company's PR.
The only oil problem he saw first hand is running out of it on the battlefield.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Logic is my religion

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Sorry, I couldn't take anything about the company serious after I read this

The only oil problem he saw first hand is running out of it on the battlefield.
Yea I saw that to, its just as silly as the rest of the marketing , but Im talking about the concept, the actual car.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

I foresee everybody coming up with something cool that nobody is willing to buy.