Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Lexus IS 300 ?'s

Old 02-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
biggentplayer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lexus IS 300 ?'s

Originally Posted by 1badITR
Great info. I plan on getting mine in about a month. Man its hard finding a red 02-03 with a manual tranny.
Bruce said he would sell his. he wanted me to buy it. it is red manuel. not sure of the year.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:41 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SLO ACRD
thanks alot. that helped. where do you work at? if you don't mind me asking. we plan on going to a charles barker dealer soon. shes trading in her 04 Accord, so we pretty much have to go to a dealer. thanks again.
like i said, if you can afford the certified warranty, get it. its WELL worth the money. i have seen some insane shit get warrantied, and was obviously from abuse, neglect, and so on.

i havent heard to much about charles barker, so i dont know how good of a shop it is, but its a lexus dealer, im sure its not bad at all.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:53 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Im glad you dont work at Charles Barker Va Beach. I was a bit dissappointed when I paid $90 and had to leave my car overnight to be told the "squeek" up front was both upper control arms going bad. At a cost of nearly $2000, I went for a 2nd opinion. Turns out, my front struts were just worn which cost a couple hundred bucks.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:27 AM
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SHOFEAR94
Im glad you dont work at Charles Barker Va Beach. I was a bit dissappointed when I paid $90 and had to leave my car overnight to be told the "squeek" up front was both upper control arms going bad. At a cost of nearly $2000, I went for a 2nd opinion. Turns out, my front struts were just worn which cost a couple hundred bucks.
haha damn... what kind of car do you drive?

lexus of richmond has 4 techs dedicated to heavy diagnostics. it kinda of sucks because we are on a group commission, and it brings everyone else's hours down, but, i dont have to deal with any of that bullshit coming in the door.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Banned

ISced300 is an unknown quantity at this point

the O2 sensers go out alot after 50k
Old 02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Originally Posted by onepointone
haha damn... what kind of car do you drive?

lexus of richmond has 4 techs dedicated to heavy diagnostics. it kinda of sucks because we are on a group commission, and it brings everyone else's hours down, but, i dont have to deal with any of that bullshit coming in the door.

I have a 2002 GS300 with the sport tuned suspension cause its a "Sport Design" edition. Charles Barker tried to act like I disrespected my own car by taking it somewhere other than a Lexus dealer...
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I owed one and loved it. The only problem i had was an o2 sensor that was covered under warrenty. Iy was a great car and a blast to drive.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I owed one and loved it. The only problem i had was an o2 sensor that was covered under warrenty. Iy was a great car and a blast to drive.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Works on S2000's.

C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory C Ory

we went and picked one up tonight. its on 01, but it has a warranty. only 40,000 miles, and it GREAT shape. silver on black. so far, she loves it. thanks for the help/comments.
Old 02-25-2006, 06:03 AM
ASE Master

Originally Posted by ISced300
the O2 sensers go out alot after 50k
o rly? where did you hear that from? i think ive seen 1 o2 sensor go out in one since ive been there. o2 sensors can go on any car at any time. i would say thats a pretty.. false statement.. not to mention, i dont know where you heard that from?

Originally Posted by SLO ACRD
we went and picked one up tonight. its on 01, but it has a warranty. only 40,000 miles, and it GREAT shape. silver on black. so far, she loves it. thanks for the help/comments.

glad to hear you got one. where did you get it from? any pictures? im sure she will love it.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS 300 ?'s