Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Lenny, the 3/S pwns j0! haha...

Old 05-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Lenny, the 3/S pwns j0! haha...

It never stops.

http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread....9&page=1&pp=10

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=287125
Old 06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
'06 FF Champ

94SupraTT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lenny, the 3/S pwns j0! haha...

Doesn't look like anyone really cares on Supraforums.

This seems to be the attitude toward the blown up 3/S.

Go post this stupid crap on a civic board where people might actually care and be impressed by a 9 second 1/4 mile. That is daily business around here on SupraForums, along with our cars not blowing up doing it.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

I agree with you. I find it funny how many threads go back and forth between the two cars.

I have a feeling it will only intensify after the 4.5L kits are released.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:26 PM
'06 FF Champ

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
I agree with you. I find it funny how many threads go back and forth between the two cars.

I have a feeling it will only intensify after the 4.5L kits are released.
I doubt it. Not to sound cocky but Supra owners on Supraforums really in general don't consider the 3/S cars as competition. The 3/S cars have a huge mountain to climb quite frankly. 10 sec Supras are a dime a dozen, as are 9sec Supras, heck even 8sec Supras are getting more and more common. Hell Bullish and the Efantis brothers are going 7s on Drag Radials. Thats not to say the gap will never be closed but it will take a long time if it ever is.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

You're right... with such a weak aftermarket, R&D is slow coming for our platform. It must be great to have so much to choose from. Over here, no one wants to pay for anything except a working, tested, product. Therefore, fewer products get designed and marketed. But anyway, 800AWHP is impressive no matter how you look at it. Especially out of the 3.0L. Sure, he snapped the crank in half, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

By the way... who would have guessed that a Montero block and VR-4 heads mate up? I am looking forward to seeing the reactions. Competition? LOL.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:36 PM
'06 FF Champ

Originally Posted by VR-4ever
You're right... with such a weak aftermarket, R&D is slow coming for our platform. It must be great to have so much to choose from. Over here, no one wants to pay for anything except a working, tested, product. Therefore, fewer products get designed and marketed. But anyway, 800AWHP is impressive no matter how you look at it. Especially out of the 3.0L. Sure, he snapped the crank in half, but you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

By the way... who would have guessed that a Montero block and VR-4 heads mate up? I am looking forward to seeing the reactions. Competition? LOL.
Competition is good for everyone. I think that Toyota gave Supra enthusiasts a hell of a platform to start off with and its part of the reason they run so well.. Once a few obstacles were overcome people quickly started putting down good numbers and sick times.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Go post this stupid crap on a civic board where people might actually care and be impressed by a 9 second 1/4 mile. That is daily business around here on SupraForums, along with our cars not blowing up doing it.
it goes without saying that this comment was made by a supra owner. you didnt even have to let us know.

it was between a vette, supra and a viper. but a comment that cocky has to come from a supra owner.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

and before every supra owner jumps on me, im not saying all owners are elitist douchebags. but there are several platforms (Gen 1/2 SBC, LS1, S/BBF, GN, mopar etc) that have been kicking ass for quite some time. i think a lot of them fail to realize just because they own a supra doesnt mean they have the right to dog someone working with a budget to get their cars into the 7s, 8s, 9s etc. the supra is definitely a good platform to start with because of its capabilities to go fast on stock internals, but so are 03 cobras and i bet youd be hard pressed to ever hear a comment like that coming from a dude building his car in his garage on a low budget. a comment like that is pure bullshit.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:16 PM
'06 FF Champ

Originally Posted by reuter
and before every supra owner jumps on me, im not saying all owners are elitist douchebags. but there are several platforms (Gen 1/2 SBC, LS1, S/BBF, GN, mopar etc) that have been kicking ass for quite some time. i think a lot of them fail to realize just because they own a supra doesnt mean they have the right to dog someone working with a budget to get their cars into the 7s, 8s, 9s etc. the supra is definitely a good platform to start with because of its capabilities to go fast on stock internals, but so are 03 cobras and i bet youd be hard pressed to ever hear a comment like that coming from a dude building his car in his garage on a low budget. a comment like that is pure bullshit.
Honestly I strongly disagree. The 3S platform has just not been much competition for the Supras. The reason why is what VR4ever just stated the lack of good R&D. Not only that the Supras in my opinion started with a better platform. Toyota did their homework. There was somewhat of a rivalty between the 3S guys and the Supra guys but quite honestly it pretty much died I'd say 3-4 years ago because of the lack of development on the 3S side. There used to be thread after thread after thread between the 2 camps. I don't see it no where near as much now because of the advancement in Supra R&D and the lack of 3S R&D. Now as far as other platforms goes I think that goes without saying. The 03-04 Cobras get a ton of respect on Supraforums, as do LS1s, Turbo Buicks and many other cars. However when it comes other import sports cars, ie the Z, 3Ss, and the RX7 the Supra has been at the top of the hill for a few years running now.

A 9sec pass for a 3S is big news in the 3S camp and it should be quite frankly it means they are making progress. However the same simply is not true for the Supra crowd.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

So true. 9 secs is a big deal for us.... And quite frankly, that's sad that it has taken us this long. I respect both cars, and their great potential, and I am happy to see that finally, (due mostly to John Monnin and Ray Pampena), finally, that potential for the 3S is being realized. Who knows what will happen this year? Big things, big things. I am excited, along with a lot of 3S owners, but that will not be respected among the Supra community until better consistent times are being shown.

So just to clear the air, I am joking when I say that the 3S "pwns".

But remember, a lot of truth is said in jest....

Hope to see you at the track this year Rico.

Quick Reply: Lenny, the 3/S pwns j0! haha...