Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

legal question?? any help?

Old 12-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16bEJ1 has disabled reputation
Default legal question?? any help?

i sold my car. the guy met me at my shop. checked it out. i told him i had to go get the title and i was changing the radiatior had a 4 core put a 2 core. had to go to richmond to get my title and would be back that night. took the car to his house where i sold it to him. that night as is where is at his housewhen i signed the title and the money was exchanged for that. he brought it back like a day and a half later. talking about he wanted his money back. i told him the title has been signed its a done deal. i changed the hood because the cheap cf on cracked when i went to ric. and i bought a vis hood from my boy and put it on for him. so when i told him he wasnt getting his money back (nothing wrong with the car at all ran perfectwhen i dropped it off. he told me that is was running hot now.) anyway he took the car home havent heard anything since. ive seen the car he put a a big ass parkbench wing on it. and changed my $2500 work emotions and sold them and put the other set of rims that came with the car 17in bbs's back on, and has been racing it on the streets. today i got a phone call telling me i was being served papers from the sherrifs office cuz he wants his money back. whats up with that? anyone been in that situation before. any advice any help????????

ohh and the price of the car and the price on the title were differnt for his tax reasons. and there is no other documentation besides that. and no witnesses to any of the transactions.

Last edited by B16bEJ1; 12-17-2004 at 02:55 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-17-2004, 03:13 PM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76
Default Re: legal question?? any help?

I really don't think there is anything he can do about it. Correct me if I am wrong. Looks like it is a done deal.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:17 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

If the title's in your name, fuck 'em.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by spic
If the title's in your name, fuck 'em.
title was in my name then i signed it over.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:24 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

haha - i read that backwards. i'm sydlexic.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:29 PM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

Originally Posted by B16bEJ1
title was in my name then i signed it over.
I think the guy is bluffing about serving you with some papers. I seriously doubt there is anything he can do.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

BMWSwtLilMiss has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by B16bEJ1
i sold my car. the guy met me at my shop. checked it out. i told him i had to go get the title and i was changing the radiatior had a 4 core put a 2 core. had to go to richmond to get my title and would be back that night. took the car to his house where i sold it to him. that night as is where is at his housewhen i signed the title and the money was exchanged for that. he brought it back like a day and a half later. talking about he wanted his money back. i told him the title has been signed its a done deal. i changed the hood because the cheap cf on cracked when i went to ric. and i bought a vis hood from my boy and put it on for him. so when i told him he wasnt getting his money back (nothing wrong with the car at all ran perfectwhen i dropped it off. he told me that is was running hot now.) anyway he took the car home havent heard anything since. ive seen the car he put a a big ass parkbench wing on it. and changed my $2500 work emotions and sold them and put the other set of rims that came with the car 17in bbs's back on, and has been racing it on the streets. today i got a phone call telling me i was being served papers from the sherrifs office cuz he wants his money back. whats up with that? anyone been in that situation before. any advice any help????????

ohh and the price of the car and the price on the title were differnt for his tax reasons. and there is no other documentation besides that. and no witnesses to any of the transactions.
He can't do anything because of a written contract (being the signing of the title) so you should be ok, lemon laws don't apply to used cars through private buyers unless you wrote it down that you were responsible. That's as far as I know anyway.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

he tried to say hey bought it then let me borrow it and i stripped it. and its registered to him cuz he has been drving the hell out of it.
Old 12-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

anyone else got an opinion on this?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:17 PM

Shadow has disabled reputation

He has no case. This is his word against yours.

Quick Reply: legal question?? any help?