VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   lawyer suggestion? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/lawyer-suggestion-229168/)

YeloBlitzEclips 03-16-2008 08:17 AM

Re: lawyer suggestion?

Originally Posted by NFCstang (Post 3943658)
If you don't have a fucking clue, then yes....you deserve to be fucked over.

If my dentist told me that, I'd ask him to show me exactly why I needed it.

Va Inspections are a license for the shop to rip you off. I had one station tell me I needed new rotors and pads for my brakes when I had had some put on about a month before before they would pass me

When I asked them to show me how they were worn, then they changed their story.

If you're not smart enough to ask a fucking question then I have no symapthy

While I agree with you somewhat, I'm still going to have to say that its not the customer's fault that they don't know exactly whats going on. You obviously know a lot more about cars/mechanics in general for them to be able to pull a shady maneuver on you. But what if it was a 60 year old widow who's been driving her whole life, but doesn't really know the specific mechanics behind what makes her car work?
What if the dentist showed you an x-ray and described what was wrong? Do you know enough about the bone structure in your jaw to make any sense of it? Sure you can try to look it up, but really, if you were 60 years old (i.e. don't really know the wonders of the internet) would you know where to start? Some people might be completely lost if a mechanic opens up their hood and starts pulling words and problems out of their ass and making it sound like a dangerous situation.
I still think this particular mechanic fucked the customer over, and deserves to get sued, or whatever other method of restitution comes his way. You don't deserve to be a business man if you can't run your business the right way.

hwany00007 03-16-2008 03:08 PM

see now the first shop who messed up the valves are trying to blame the second shop who figured out it was valves actually the one who broke the valves. first they worked on a valve cover, they used wrong type of silicon(supposed to use one for this vehicle, i don't know...) then there was oil leak from it, they opened it up again, and that's when timing belt rotated(about 62 degree), after that they started the engine, then that damaged the vavles. the funny thing is, the first shop couldn't figure out what the problem was for over 2 months, then after 2 months they said it was the ecu which had no problem what so ever and tried to charge my friend 3000 bucks for it. the first shop is saying they did compression test before engine died completely and it was okay, and that proves valves were okay until the car left their building to second shop. wtf?? if the engine died completely while it was at their shop which was running fine until then, how can they blame the second shop for doing it? lol...

hwany00007 03-17-2008 05:39 PM

talk to some plp i know, and they are telling my friend that he needs to prove if the first shop is neglegence(did i spell it right? lol). not sure how though... all he has is that receit that says the first shop worked on the valve cover, and two checks that paid him with. need to prove if he really did rotate the timing belt with damaged the valves. interesting part is that the valves wouldn't get damaged unless the timing belt has been rotated and attempt to turn the engine on. if the second shop found out the valves are damaged, and engine hasn't been started since the first shop, wouldn't that prove that they did it? hmm...

Atlantis 03-17-2008 07:08 PM

I dont think anyone cares about this thread anymore

96 hatch 03-23-2008 07:17 AM

well my lawyer is joseph sanzone hes one of the best

del_sol_t00nR 03-23-2008 08:41 AM

you guys should take your discussion about whether his friend is a F*ckhead or not elsewhere. Just answer the man's question or don't post.

I think you'd have a good chance of winning if you sued. Just getting a lawyer and threatening the shop may be enough. Either way, a lawyer will tell you what your chances are. Mark Smith of Kristie, Kantor, Griffin, and Smith is excellent.

1aznTT 03-25-2008 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by NFCstang (Post 3943658)
If you don't have a fucking clue, then yes....you deserve to be fucked over.

If my dentist told me that, I'd ask him to show me exactly why I needed it.

Va Inspections are a license for the shop to rip you off. I had one station tell me I needed new rotors and pads for my brakes when I had had some put on about a month before before they would pass me

When I asked them to show me how they were worn, then they changed their story.

If you're not smart enough to ask a fucking question then I have no symapthy

NFCstang and I share similar opinions on many topics. This topic is no different.
I feel questions are needed and you should have red flags raised everywhere you go.
Unless there is any paperwork that states ANYTHING to your friend's defense, it's only words and opinions, versus one another.

Sounds like a Reputable shop could out do another shop, which wouldn't have any point in showing up.

Think about it, your'e the shop...you're going to DO WHAT IT TAKES to defend yourself, your friend is a single person. He has no access to anyone who has been screwed before, he's probably young...he may have a written statement from another shop, but THEY ARE NOT going to waste their time showing up to court, unless you go through the trouble of getting them there...it just sounds like he needs to learn this lesson the hard way, you know?

qualityauto 03-29-2008 03:43 AM

Richard Langhorne is the best lawyer in tidewater, i've personally known him for 20 years. I can't tell you how many people he is rescued and gotten off cleanly. Give him a call, you won't go wrong.... (804) 824-9434. He is well connected in Va Beach and Norfolk, was a partner at the largest law firm in southern virginia.... he is now based in both norfolk and glouchester....