Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

lawyer suggestion?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hwany00007 has disabled reputation
Default lawyer suggestion?

hey guys, a friend of mine took his car for an inspection, then the shop saod they need to work on valve cover, so they did. But then they called and told him the engine is completely dead. After several months they've been trying to figure out what is causing this problem(like 2-3 months) then finally my friend gave up on them and told them it must be something they did, and if the other shop finds out the problem and it's realated to what you have done, he will ask them to pay whatever it costs, but they told him no. anyways, the other shop found out that while the first shop was working on the valve cover, somehow the timing chain moved(3teeth, i don't really know about the car..)then they started the car, then that's what damaged all the valves, that's what caused the engine failure. The first shop told my friend it was broken ecu before he took it to the other shop. people from first shop are just completely morons. do you guys think my friend could win if he sue them? also any suggestion on good lawyer?
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Re: lawyer suggestion?

Where did this happen at? And whats the bad shop?
Old 03-14-2008, 07:09 PM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

check the link in my sig... good service for those that need might need or will need any kind of legal representation/help. pm me if you have any questions.. good luck
Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Lawl the Hammer?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:21 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by hwany00007
hey guys, a friend of mine took his car for an inspection, then the shop saod they need to work on valve cover, so they did. But then they called and told him the engine is completely dead.
The fact that your friend let them work on his "valve cover" even though it's not an inspectable item proves he's an idiot and deserved whatever happened to him
Old 03-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NFCstang
The fact that your friend let them work on his "valve cover" even though it's not an inspectable item proves he's an idiot and deserved whatever happened to him
Not everyone is a "car person" and understands how they work. And as a business, just because the customer is ignorant on the issues, that doesn't give them the right to fuck you over.

How would you like it if your dentist told you you had to have maxillofacial because of something he found during a routine exam? Are you an expert in that? He has the duty to not lie to you, and if he does and you find out, you can sue the shit out of him.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:41 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

Originally Posted by The Wok
Lawl the Hammer?
gR backs this 100%.
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Originally Posted by YeloBlitzEclips
Not everyone is a "car person" and understands how they work. And as a business, just because the customer is ignorant on the issues, that doesn't give them the right to fuck you over.

How would you like it if your dentist told you you had to have maxillofacial because of something he found during a routine exam? Are you an expert in that? He has the duty to not lie to you, and if he does and you find out, you can sue the shit out of him.
I'm pretty sure he'd research and see how the problem is possible and what the possible routes and options are. AKA he's be smart about the situation.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:28 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by YeloBlitzEclips

If you don't have a fucking clue, then yes....you deserve to be fucked over.

If my dentist told me that, I'd ask him to show me exactly why I needed it.

Va Inspections are a license for the shop to rip you off. I had one station tell me I needed new rotors and pads for my brakes when I had had some put on about a month before before they would pass me

When I asked them to show me how they were worn, then they changed their story.

If you're not smart enough to ask a fucking question then I have no symapthy
Old 03-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Va Inspections are a license for the shop to rip you off. I had one station tell me I needed new rotors and pads for my brakes when I had had some put on about a month before before they would pass me

When I asked them to show me how they were worn, then they changed their story.

If you're not smart enough to ask a fucking question then I have no symapthy
VA inspections are intended to ensure that the vehicles traveling on our roads are safe. If you believe that a shop is trying or tried to rip you off, then report them the VSP Safety Office nearest you (phone numbers here). They will investigate if you provide a good reason. I know of a few inspectors who have had their licenses revoked due to not following VSP procedures.

Quick Reply: lawyer suggestion?