Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

lawn mower 240sx

Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
two4dsxdriver has disabled reputation
Default lawn mower 240sx

so i hav a problem that ive never ever come across in a 240....... when i start it it shakes very very violently then cuts off on me and it sounds like a lawn mower sortve when u give it gas. it stays idling very very low . i talked to someone bout it and they said theyve only seen problems like that in Rx-7 and rotary engines. its very weird. think its my spark plugs? or i need a tune up.....very very bad?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:16 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: lawn mower 240sx

I would start with a tune-up, especially if you haven't had one in a while.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

fuel injector
same exact thing happened to me and it was once of my fuel injectors. I changed everything, spark plugs, dist. cap, dist. nothing worked till I pulled out the spark plugs and found one of them chewed up pretty bad, fixed it, problem went away and car ran fine.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:39 PM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

i had the same thing happen on my 240....it was my 3rd fuel injector.....but i started out just pulling out spark plugs...pulled em til i got to cylinder 3...with all the other plugged in the 3rd cylinder wasnt making a diffrence....replaced the plugs same shit so i replaced the 3rd fuel injector.....runs great now.....check yours out or if u want pm me and i will give u my number or whatever and take a look at it for you....peace
Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered Member

u think maybe i could run fuel injector treatment through and maybe thatll do it?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:35 PM
standalonecomplex

JSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these partsJSL1CE is infamous around these parts

I love it when people try to diagnose shit over the internet or telephone "oh yea, its definitely one of the injectors" yea it could be that and that would cause teh problem but at the same time it could be a number of other things. start by getting your car new plugs wires cap rotor etc. and go from there.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

*yawn* been there done that.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JSL1CE
I love it when people try to diagnose shit over the internet or telephone "oh yea, its definitely one of the injectors" yea it could be that and that would cause teh problem but at the same time it could be a number of other things. start by getting your car new plugs wires cap rotor etc. and go from there.
or you could ignore him since he's probably never owned a 240 and just do what me and the other guy are telling you to do. If shit doesn't look worn out, than its not, check the plugs, dist. cap and such, but if it looks alright then leave it in. My dist cap was pretty messed up, but it still worked fine, check the injectors first, its free! and please tell us if we're right so we can rub it in.
And Diagnosing a problem that you've delt with yourself already over the internet is no different than being present... jack ass...

Last edited by NoRider; 04-09-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

today i replaced the distributer cap and it was pretty worn and i changes spark plugs and i seen only the 1 and 4 were firing.....the 2 and 3 looked like it was firing much and the 3 looked like it fired for bout a few months and just gave up...my next thing is go for the fuel injectors which bout 4 on different occassions hav told me so im kindve seein a pattern here.......maybe its just me......i think that one dude should go drive his little honda with a exhaust tip on it and hush
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by two4dsxdriver
today i replaced the distributer cap and it was pretty worn and i changes spark plugs and i seen only the 1 and 4 were firing.....the 2 and 3 looked like it was firing much and the 3 looked like it fired for bout a few months and just gave up...my next thing is go for the fuel injectors which bout 4 on different occassions hav told me so im kindve seein a pattern here.......maybe its just me......i think that one dude should go drive his little honda with a exhaust tip on it and hush
its a WRX, but ya! screw him! I dunno dude i've owned 3 240's before, and im sure the other guys have owned their fair share... We might be wrong, but like you said... seems to be a pattern...

Quick Reply: lawn mower 240sx