Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ksport coilovers

Old 02-11-2008, 05:44 PM
throwbAcura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: ksport coilovers

Yep.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by ritz
That's pretty much the route I'm going and many of my friends have gone. I ordered my yellows from THMotorsport on H-T for $445 shipped and you can get GC's from Ground Control for $339 (it's an extra $40 if you have Konis).
I'm working on getting something like that together for my 240, when I do the JICs will be up for salllleeee.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt this the part where Ben Says he sells D2's?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:52 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by ritz
That's pretty much the route I'm going and many of my friends have gone. I ordered my yellows from THMotorsport on H-T for $445 shipped and you can get GC's from Ground Control for $339 (it's an extra $40 if you have Konis).
Oh yeah. This was in reference to a '99 Civic. I'm not sure if Integra shit is gonna be more/less expensive.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Well, seeing as how only one person in this thread says he's actually had them, how about I give you an experienced opinion of them? Everyone is saying they are shit but not giving reasons as to why.

I personally had them on my S2k for over a year and about 25K miles. The Type R and S2000 models come with MUCH stiffer rates than any of the other setups K Sport makes, so keep that in mind that my review is based on one of these setups. They are 36 way adjustable dampers and trust me that gives you plenty of damper/rebound control compared to any other run of the mill setup. They are also fully adjustable allowing you to set preloads on the springs, and adjusting ride hieght by moving the entire damper up and down. I'm not saying they are in the KW or Showa range but they are good for what they were made for and the price reflects that. I loved them and the awesome sense of control they provided. However, I don't think this setup is for you if you are looking for a softer ride. They are a great affordable setup for the track. I got rid of mine b/c the ride quality finally got to me. One complaint I have with them is for those who love being slammed, K-Sports don't offer much suspension travel when set so low. However, they are not designed to slam your ride. I cut the bump stops and adjusted the damper hieght as best as I could and lived with it. I am currently looking for another setup now, but might end up purchasing K-sports again.

Koni makes a great product, however I personally don't like that they give you only 4 settings of Damper/rebound adjustment. The common Ground control/Koni setup is a great match for the street however. I'm sure with the correct custom spring rate they can be a great track match too, but you will sacrifice ride quality at that point. And this setup also provides TONS of suspension travel at a low ride hieght. Koni offers a lifetime warranty on their products as well.

Hope this helps.

www.ksportusa.com

Last edited by The real Ryan; 02-12-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:14 AM
Breeding golddiggers

Fuzion is on a distinguished road

had them on my maxima, and they suck......i still have them....wouldnt even sell that bullshit to somebody. they are gonna go to the scrap yard
Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by thebettersol
Well, seeing as how only one person in this thread says he's actually had them, how about I give you an experienced opinion of them? Everyone is saying they are shit but not giving reasons as to why.

I personally had them on my S2k for over a year and about 25K miles. The Type R and S2000 models come with MUCH stiffer rates than any of the other setups K Sport makes, so keep that in mind that my review is based on one of these setups. They are 36 way adjustable dampers and trust me that gives you plenty of damper/rebound control compared to any other run of the mill setup. They are also fully adjustable allowing you to set preloads on the springs, and adjusting ride hieght by moving the entire damper up and down. I'm not saying they are in the KW or Showa range but they are good for what they were made for and the price reflects that. I loved them and the awesome sense of control they provided. However, I don't think this setup is for you if you are looking for a softer ride. They are a great affordable setup for the track. I got rid of mine b/c the ride quality finally got to me. One complaint I have with them is for those who love being slammed, K-Sports don't offer much suspension travel when set so low. However, they are not designed to slam your ride. I cut the bump stops and adjusted the damper hieght as best as I could and lived with it. I am currently looking for another setup now, but might end up purchasing K-sports again.

Koni makes a great product, however I personally don't like that they give you only 4 settings of Damper/rebound adjustment. The common Ground control/Koni setup is a great match for the street however. I'm sure with the correct custom spring rate they can be a great track match too, but you will sacrifice ride quality at that point. And this setup also provides TONS of suspension travel at a low ride hieght. Koni offers a lifetime warranty on their products as well.

Hope this helps.

www.ksportusa.com
Have you actually taken a look at the shock dyno's for the KSPORTS?

The "36 way" adjustability, ended up with a smaller range of actual adjustment than standard valved Koni's. You may have thought you felt a difference, but actual testing has proven, that they don't adjust for shit.

Most of us don't need experience to tell you they are shit. For nearly the same price, the Koni/GC package is far superior to these silly KSport pieces.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:34 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Have you actually taken a look at the shock dyno's for the KSPORTS?

The "36 way" adjustability, ended up with a smaller range of actual adjustment than standard valved Koni's. You may have thought you felt a difference, but actual testing has proven, that they don't adjust for shit.

Most of us don't need experience to tell you they are shit. For nearly the same price, the Koni/GC package is far superior to these silly KSport pieces.

No I havn't looked at a chart, I actually drove a car with them properly set up. I could barely stand to drive the car with them adjusted complelty to "stiff". I just based an opinion of Ksport on my vehicle, you are comparing Koni to Ksport and aren't providing reasons or scenarios. And FYI, the damper control provided PLENTY of adjustability in my "real life I actually did it and had them" situation. I'm pretty sure no one that is saying they are shit knows how to properly setup a fully adjustable coilover system. You don't just throw them on the car and go like you do with the Koni/ GC setup. Depending on how low you will be going affects where the preload and damper height needs to be set. Then you key in the damper rebound adjustment from there. This all effects the ride quality and performance of the system.

Don't say something is shit if you can't provide a reason. The only thing I found to be shit was the ride quality while being slammed lol. That is expected.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

The reason they're shit is because they have shitty valving. That is why the ride quality is so bad. Stiffer springs will make a car ride harsher and stiffer, stiffer springs on crappily valved shocks makes a car ride like a nightmare.

That being said, I would buy Megans/K-Sports/D2s/etc before I ever bought tanabes, GAB, tien, or PBM as they all use the same shitty quality struts that Megan/K-Sport and the others mentioned above. It's a proven fact, the Japanese don't make good shocks, they go to the germans for that, which is why Mine's puts Ohlins and Bilstiens on their cars.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Type-R; Tight Car

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
The reason they're shit is because they have shitty valving. That is why the ride quality is so bad. Stiffer springs will make a car ride harsher and stiffer, stiffer springs on crappily valved shocks makes a car ride like a nightmare.

That being said, I would buy Megans/K-Sports/D2s/etc before I ever bought tanabes, GAB, tien, or PBM as they all use the same shitty quality struts that Megan/K-Sport and the others mentioned above. It's a proven fact, the Japanese don't make good shocks, they go to the germans for that, which is why Mine's puts Ohlins and Bilstiens on their cars.
I agree with you on that. Germans def. know how to make suspension components. But I felt that Ksports deserve alittle more credit that anyone in this thread was giving them. It is a fair priced setup for the amount of adjustability you get for a track setup. I never once said they are "better" than Koni. They are two different setups.

Quick Reply: ksport coilovers