Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

KA vs SR thread i wrote a while back

Old 04-30-2003, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

the general consensus is that the higher the trim, the higher the airflow. But this is not always the case.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

www.majesticturbo.com

check out the compressor maps there. You'll see the Inducer and Exducer diameters listed for each compressor trim.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:14 PM
idiot

S13drifter is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, its all starting to come together now
Old 04-30-2003, 03:19 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

Originally posted by Greaser
was there misinformation in the thread about this? (valid question)
On the 1st page, someone says something along the lines of "t28 sucks blah blah"

abailey responds with aformentioned information.

you mistakenly think it's his ET.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

haha mattback...yeah he flys off the handle a bit.

aubrey has run in the 11.80's so maybe thats why i posted likee that...oh well. thanks for the correction.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Registered Member

King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04

hey greaser, i got a goofy question but u sound like u know your stuff, i have an s13 and i was wonderin in a vg30dett would fit in the chassis w/o a problem or minimal work, i was wondering about this today in class and u are the first one that i have asked
Old 04-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

It would fit, you need custom mounts, i have a buddy in Florida that can make some for you.

Its alot of work but will fit. not really hard, but you need to be creative and have your own tools and shit to be able to do it. shadetree mechanic persay.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:39 AM
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by brokenegg
hey greaser, i got a goofy question but u sound like u know your stuff, i have an s13 and i was wonderin in a vg30dett would fit in the chassis w/o a problem or minimal work, i was wondering about this today in class and u are the first one that i have asked
You'll have an easier time working on the other available motors. But that IS the mother of all Nissan engines.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:23 AM
Registered Member

King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04 King Of 04

thanx for the info and if i decide on doin that i will keep u in mind of gettin in contact with your friend or if i have any other questions. thanx again. and skywalker, you r very right.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:06 AM

IJSaul is an unknown quantity at this point

I would think the RB26DETT would be the "mother of all Nissans... The RB2X series can also be made to fit, but are by no means a straight swap. -Ian

Quick Reply: KA vs SR thread i wrote a while back