Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Is it just me or.....

Old 09-04-2005, 06:11 PM
Unconfirmed User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it just me or.....

Do people on dragva want wayyyyy too much for their hondas?

$4000 for an economy car with 200,000 miles?

It can be ragged all to shit too....and they throw together a Bxx[another random letter] swap and that automatically makes it worth $3,000 more?...

Maybe it's just me..... or are dragva honda's way overpriced and overrated?

Discuss.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:56 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish
Default Re: Is it just me or.....

sure, why not
Old 09-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

They keep there resell, I mean thats the way it goes yuo got to ask yourself if a 97 Supra Turbo with 75K miles on it is really worth 30K.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

steronz steronz steronz steronz steronz

the sad thing is, generally speaking, none of them sell for anywhere near what they cost to put together. a bone stock excellent condition 92 vx hatch can sell for $3-$5 grand with 150,000 miles, and then spend another $4000 doing wheels, suspension, and a GSR swap, and it'll sell for $4-$6 grand.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Well.... when you're trying to make a performance car out of an economy car obviously it's going to be expensive...

You spend $5k in mods to run with a stock LS1 powered car...
Old 09-04-2005, 08:20 PM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

all honda's are over priced!!! calm down people.im just kidding
Old 09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I paid $200 for a Honda. That's about all I'd ever spend on one.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

Originally Posted by Zero Cylinder
Do people on dragva want wayyyyy too much for their hondas?

$4000 for an economy car with 200,000 miles?

It can be ragged all to shit too....and they throw together a Bxx[another random letter] swap and that automatically makes it worth $3,000 more?...

Maybe it's just me..... or are dragva honda's way overpriced and overrated?

Discuss.
try getting one from a dealership
Old 09-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Unconfirmed User

Originally Posted by "SI"ngle Cam
try getting one from a dealership
No point, I have credit for bank loans, I dont need "no credit no problems" interest rates.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:43 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by steronz
the sad thing is, generally speaking, none of them sell for anywhere near what they cost to put together. a bone stock excellent condition 92 vx hatch can sell for $3-$5 grand with 150,000 miles, and then spend another $4000 doing wheels, suspension, and a GSR swap, and it'll sell for $4-$6 grand.
That's how it works.

No one ever accused modifying a modern day car of being a good investment, did they? It's basically like flushing your money down the toilet. You don't modify a car like that because you expect to make a lot of money off of it in general; You do it because that's what you love to do. It's a hobby that we can all relate to.

Now if it was a 1969 Camaro SS or something.. SURE.. you can probably get your money back and then some. Classic cars and antiques appreciate in value. Civic's may hold their value, but I don't think they appreciate in value by any means.... swap and wheels or not.

(and that goes the same for my VW, or a Toyota, or a Ford, etc.. almost any modern day car is going to depreciate. I would hope that everyone knows that by now)