Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

JGE

Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostbyyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JGE

im thinkin bout orderin a stage 3 turbo short block from JG engine dynamics are the blocks as strong as there made out to be they look pretty stout from the pics but has anyone run any of there short blocks or even a block an if so how does it hold up to about 25-28 psi
Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: JGE

How much do they run? It seems like anything you buy as a "package" from a company like that can be built cheaper to do it individually.

Sleeves, pistons, rods, mild headwork and a big nasty turbo will support all the power you could ever need.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

Originally Posted by Flite
How much do they run? It seems like anything you buy as a "package" from a company like that can be built cheaper to do it individually.

Sleeves, pistons, rods, mild headwork and a big nasty turbo will support all the power you could ever need.

I've got Darton sleeves in mine and it's held 32psi+ with no issues.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Darton sleeves, Manley rods, pistons, head work, type R cams, off the shelf JG intake manifold, halfway decent turbo manifold, Precision GT4067R, other little misc sprinklings.....Hello ~750 hp.

It used to be expensive to build a 600hp Honda. Now you can do upwards of 700 for ~$10k. I can't wait.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

i suggest you do work in town. you'll find the customer service more to your liking. Javier does do good work, but he is hard to get a hold of and extremely busy all the time. business is good, but cust service gets neglected at times. you want great quality build, ask grease monkey who did all the machine work on his motor. he's been pretty happy as far as i know