Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

An interesting drive back to VA w/ the Panoz in tow... some memorable quotes.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Fanboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default An interesting drive back to VA w/ the Panoz in tow... some memorable quotes.

Went down to my parents' place in Greensboro, NC Saturday to pickup the car and drove back to Va Beach today.

Here's the car w/ the waterproof custom cover on it... pretty cool that it came w/ the car and helpful since the car has no side windows. I didn't transport it with the cover on becuase it wouldn't have stayed in place. I'm going to put some grommets in it so I can tie it down.

Here's a shot of my father and I before I hit the road:

Driving with this car in tow got alot of attention... nobody knew what it was. People were slowing next to me on the highway to take pictures, someone snapped a pic at 2 of the gas stops I made, and I lost count of the waves and thumbs up. the attention was odd and something I haven't experinced sinve driving my buddy's SRT-10 Viper for a few hours the summer before last.

The best of the quotes:

Scenario 1: Gas station in Greensboro filling up to hit the road. I'm getting a few drinks and chips and ghetto country black dude rolls up in an old beat up expidition with peeling purple tint and some craptastic 24s. He gets out and I hear him ask a couple of guys, "Yo can I get a phone?" Then he comes inside and asks the clerk, "Yo man I need a phone... you got a phone? Gotta make a call." He turns to me and the conversation ensues.

NCGhettoGuy: "Yo... what dat?" (he then looks outside)
Me: "You mean the car out there?"
NCGhettoGuy: "Dat a Maz-duh?"
Me: "No, it's something called a Panoz, it's a track car."
NCGhettoGuy: "Yeah... my boys got one just like it." (I shit you not he acutually said that.)
Me: "Oh... cool, they're fairly rare." I then walked off and left

Scenario 2: End of the trip driving down Ferrel Parkway a guy in a green Ranger is next to me at a light. The passenger waves at me and motions for me to roll down the window.

Redneck: "Hey... man that is so awesome!"
Me: "Thanks just picking it up."
Redneck: "So what is it a Supra?"
Me: "No, it's something called a Panoz GTRA, it's a track only road race car."
Redneck: "So it's only a track car then?"
Me: "Uh yeah..."
Redneck (has presistent look of confusion on his face): So um a track car... what's it run in the 1/4?"
Me: "It doesn't" The light then turned and I waved and drove away.

I find that the average person has no clue what road racing is... Most conversations with people or co-workers go something like this:

"So you race your car?"

"Yes."

"So you drag race.... like in a straight line?"

"I used to, but no... I road race."

"Isn't that illegal? Like Fast and the Furious? You shouldn't do that."

"No... not on the street... road racing with turns on a track."

"Oh... so lilke NASCAR?"

"No."
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240
Default Re: An interesting drive back to VA w/ the Panoz in tow... some memorable quotes.

lol I hated those kinda interactions with people when I had my MKIII supra. looks sexy man, ill have to come down and blow up your spot for a bit and look at it in person. My vette is being retarded though, but I bought a beater so life is good.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: An interesting drive back to VA w/ the Panoz in tow... some memorable quotes.

^ Awesome, glad you went w/ the beater.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

That thing is sick.

Thumbs up to you.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:01 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

nice car, my boys got one jus' like it.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

haha like nascar...

for some reason it seems like it's a waste of gas to drive around in a circle 500 times
Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
NCGhettoGuy: "Yo... what dat?" (he then looks outside)
Me: "You mean the car out there?"
NCGhettoGuy: "Dat a Maz-duh?"
Me: "No, it's something called a Panoz, it's a track car."
NCGhettoGuy: "Yeah... my boys got one just like it." (I shit you not he acutually said that.)
Me: "Oh... cool, they're fairly rare." I then walked off and left
OMG, I used to get that all the time with my M Coupe.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered member

driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute

haha those conversations are classic. You need to get an in car camera mounted for when you start tracking it.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:30 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

not on the same level as you guys but when i had my 240sx coupe with the silvia front all flat blacked and badgless everyone thought it was a toyota and refused to believe it was a nissan

i even got a parking ticket that read out like

Make: Toyota
Model: ??
Year: 80-90

i was like WTF! its a nissan!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

alphaq1888 has disabled reputation

very nice
very nice Panoz
I have never seen one in my entire life except in pictures....very nice

If you dont mind me asking how much was it, where did you buy it from, and what motor and how much power does it have. I'm really curious....You dont have to answer just wondering lol

Quick Reply: An interesting drive back to VA w/ the Panoz in tow... some memorable quotes.