Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

insurance question please help!

Old 01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kevy wevy has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default insurance question please help!

I was driving on tuesday night in my 05 scion tc went around a blind turn going about 30 in a 30mph zone hit a large patch of ice and ended up spinning around 3 or 4 times and hitting an embankment. Only caused about $1200 in damage. well I got a call from my insurance company at chantilly autobody and my insurance claims that because my car had been"improperly fixed from a previous accident" before I bought the car that they would have to fix all of that damage too and that damage along with the damage I caused totaled the car and that they were going to subtract the cost of all of the repairs from the previous accident from the value of the car and said they would probably give me only a couple thousand for an 05 tc manual with only 72k mi on it.
My question is... is it legal for the insurance company to subtract all of the money to totally fix the previous damage which is only cosmetic when I only made a claim on the new suspension and front bumper damage? they wont just fix the new damage because " it is a safety hazard" when the previous damage consists of a quarter panel with too thick of bondo on it and two bent towhooks on the front undercarriage!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: insurance question please help!

How do they know it was improperly fixed? They should take that up w/ the people that did the work the first time... Let me ask my mom about it, shes a claims adjuster for Allstate...

Edit: She said you're fucked...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 01-01-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

there was a small crack on the rear quarter panel so they broke the paint off and chipped away a quarter size hole in the bondo down to the metal and then looked it up and found out it had been in an accident before I owned it. thats another thing that they caused more damage to my car on something totally unrelated to my claim
Old 01-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

I would find out, who did the work before and ask them what they did to fix the car. See if they have a work order for the repairs. Also, find out from the current place what they say is wrong. If what the dude above said is true (which im sure it is if his mother is a claims adjuster) then you will probably have to win this one in court. Just gather as much info as you can about what happened "then" and what is wrong now.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered Member

thats the problem the guy who I bought the car from has a different phone number now so I have no way of contacting him and finding out who did the old work and I do not know where he lives. I was not aware of the accident when I bought the car and theres nothing about it in all the records he gave to me

and cyanide: I was afraid of that

Last edited by kevy wevy; 01-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
How do they know it was improperly fixed? They should take that up w/ the people that did the work the first time... Let me ask my mom about it, shes a claims adjuster for Allstate...

Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello

Hahaha.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Do you have GAP insurance?
Old 01-02-2010, 04:19 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

I bet this is state farm you are talking about.

thye are complete faggots when it comes to shit like this.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

i dont have GAP insurance and no its travelers insurance. Should I try to get my money back on the difference between all the insurance payments I have been making since I pay insurance based on my car being worth $10k and now they say its worth wayy less

Quick Reply: insurance question please help!