Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Insurace company tryin to dick me over...

Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flynlow has disabled reputation
Default Insurace company tryin to dick me over...

I wrecked my car over xmas weekend and the claim still has not been taken care of yet. I filed on the 22nd of Dec 2006 and had the appraiser look at my vehicle 8 days later. He informed me that the car was close to being totaled and told me to take it to a bodyshop of my choice. I took it to Euro-Specialty, a local reputable bodyshop that does alot of insurance claims. They started to tear the car down and found out that the car was a total loss. There was more structural damage than they thought and contacted my adjuster to re-inspect the vehicle. The appraiser made several appointments w/ them but did not come until yesterday (Jan 15th). I have a rental thru insurance and it's about to run out by next week. I called my adjuster and left several voicemails since she never answers my calls. My company does not want to use oem parts to repair the car but with aftermarket parts which is why the damage never exceeded the car value. The guys at Euro told me that if aftermarket parts were used especially the rad supports, the body would not line up right. They would rather use oem parts if at all possible. If my insurance does decide fix the car, it would be in the shop for at least 2-3 weeks. If they decide to total the car, I would need time to find and finance another vehicle. Keep in mind that the rental will come out of my own pocket after next week so that's why I'm so pissed at my insurance. I can't even bitch to a real person except a voice mailbox. Does this seem fair?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

tdrewry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Insurace company tryin to dick me over...

it would be fair enough if they would extend the rental until they make a decision...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:06 PM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Who's your insurance through so I know never to get them?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Who's your insurance through so I know never to get them?
Hanover and no they will not cover rental after next week whether decision will be made or not.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic slowb20civic

it should be YOUR CHOICE what parts to use & what shop to have the work done at!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

you could file a bad faith claim against them
Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by EEK
you could file a bad faith claim against them
And make more money.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Allstate has always cut me a check on the spot if I take it to an adjuster's place for an estimate. I take it to a local body and paint shop about 6 miles from me, and they don't even require an adjuster's review (body shop provides estimate and submits all paperwork for Allstate), I just pay the shop my deductible and it's all taken care of.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

FYI when/if it's declared a total loss you get an additional week of rental to find a new car; that is if you have rental coverage on your policy, which it sounds like you do.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
FYI when/if it's declared a total loss you get an additional week of rental to find a new car; that is if you have rental coverage on your policy, which it sounds like you do.
I hope this is true w/ my company....

Quick Reply: Insurace company tryin to dick me over...