Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Inspection questions

Old 12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
OV-104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Inspection questions

My car that I finally got running and on the street failed inspection yesterday due to:
No power steering
No third brake light
And the guy claims i have fender rub which I deff dont

Are those able to fail it. I know plenty cars with out the first two that have passed. People I've talked to have said that the P/S bit and third brake light cant fail it

Last edited by Atlantis; 12-17-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:11 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Inspection questions

I don't know what's up with no power steering causing a failure.

Hell, my little CRX wasn't equipped with power steering from the factory. Perhaps, because your car is equipped and it's inoperable. I don't know...
Old 12-17-2006, 05:13 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Ive said screw it. I'm going to a junkyard tomorrow and getting the lines and putting em in and I'm getting the GSR wing from Mark W tomorrow and putting that on for the brake light
Old 12-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

What kind of car? Is it a teg? You will fail for no 3rd brake light. You can also get a fix-it ticket for the light. The PS thing is BS though..unless it was leaking all over the place or not plugged correctly. The fender rub thing...maybe (safety). Small things. No biggie.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:33 PM
OV-104

yea 98 teg. the power steering lines are looped and theres is no fender rub at all.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

QuickV6 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I don't know what's up with no power steering causing a failure.

Hell, my little CRX wasn't equipped with power steering from the factory. Perhaps, because your car is equipped and it's inoperable. I don't know...
You are correct if the car is equipped with it, then it must be in working condition.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Find an emmisions+inspection hookup. Most of the gas station emmisions/inspection people are retarded anyway.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:41 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by _crs
What kind of car? Is it a teg? You will fail for no 3rd brake light. You can also get a fix-it ticket for the light. The PS thing is BS though..unless it was leaking all over the place or not plugged correctly. The fender rub thing...maybe (safety). Small things. No biggie.
His ABS light is also on, which caused it to fail.

And he had a bad wheel bearing.

Originally Posted by KhanArtisT
Find an emmisions+inspection hookup. Most of the gas station emmisions/inspection people are retarded anyway.
We don't have emissions. And the person who inspected it was not retarded, he is a person who wants to keep his inspection license.

Justin, Yes the inspector was hard on you, but it was for your safety. I'll basically tell you this, get a wing on it and come back

But the wheel bearing and ABS thing are for your safety. Gene wanted to stress that, and I told him you were a friend of mine. The third brake light and powersteering thing he said he'd pass but the other stuff he could not.

So please, do not bad mouth him(not saying you have, just a warning).

Please get with me, I'll get you to pass. Also, I forgot to mention who you shoulda requested. Hes very strict on his stuff, because getting a state inspectors license isn't easy to obtain.

-Jarrod
Old 12-18-2006, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

blu99teg is on a distinguished road

I have a LS hatch lid with a type R wing on it. Built in brake light behind the glass. Only if you need it though.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

wtf does power steering have to do with an inspection?

Quick Reply: Inspection questions