Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

initial d

Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default initial d

i just started watching this show a couple weeks ago, and i actually really like it. does anyone actually watch this show other than the drifter-wannabe ricers that i've run into so far that have only seen the us-released episodes? the show actually has alot to offer if you're into japanese cars.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: initial d

i have DVD's 1-5 but now that my bro dont work at best buy anymore, no more 5 dollar initial D dvd's...but i like it, its also funny what the words are translated.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:50 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

you can download the subtitled episodes for free. in my opinion the subs are better because the dialogue is the way the originator intended, even if you can't understand it. besides, japanese sounds cool and they changed the names. for example, 'iggy' is actually itsuki. iggy sounds retarded. alot of the names are completely different in the dubbed versions released in the states.

on top of that, the us releases only go up to like halfway through the 1st stage, which was aired in japan in like 1999. they're airing the end of the 4th stage in japan right now.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Yeah I've seen all the way up to episode 10 on 4th Stage. It's cool stuff. I love the cinematography. Some directors could learn alot by watching ID. Though some of the shots are impossible or would take quite a budget since they use CGI.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred Autobahn Bred

i watched 1-9 from best buy
Old 01-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

never seen it
Old 01-17-2005, 11:52 AM
master debater

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
never seen it
that's nice. do you.... have anything else you'd like to add?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:55 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Does it have anything Honda Civic related in it?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:58 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

CTR
Old 01-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

I'm coping that shit tonight.

Quick Reply: initial d