Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Info on Wyo Tech,UTI or other Automotive school

Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L
Default Info on Wyo Tech,UTI or other Automotive school

delete.

Last edited by Young L; 04-14-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: Info on Wyo Tech,UTI or other Automotive school

i applied to UTI about 2 years ago. They kept sending me the wrong information, i would apply for an automotive technician school and they sent me a bunch of info about being a NASCAR mechanic

It was also very expensive.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

they had you running around in circles....lol cause the nascar stuff lol hehehe ok its not that funny i guess......
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

TrePound has disabled reputation

just a piece of info if you may.
all 95% of the people in houston uti school graduate and become car lot attendants and shop cleaners.
that school has a very little after school success rate. not sure about other locations tho.
wyotech is the shit. ive had people come to my house and tell me about the school from PA. when i was in houston, i couldnt get a rep from UTI to see me and i live like 30mins away and was willin to meet up.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:21 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

TCC Automotive center. I know you're in richmond, i dont know if there is anything up there thats similar.

finishing up my Associates in auto science this semester. SUPER cheap, great people, and they just opened up a new shop/center with a dynojet this year so its brand new.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
TCC Automotive center. I know you're in richmond, i dont know if there is anything up there thats similar.

finishing up my Associates in auto science this semester. SUPER cheap, great people, and they just opened up a new shop/center with a dynojet this year so its brand new.
i go to the school in chesapeake for the auto program. Yeah, were getting a completely new building, an AWD dyno, a 2-4 car shop per classroom, and 1 or 2 of the shops will be big enough to pull in 2 semi's. Its an awsome program. 2 years, so you get your associates degree, and the semesters are set up similar to the ASEs (each semester covers and differant ASE), not to mention theres High performance classes to take over the summer, in which youll attend local races, auto-x, and other tracks, as well as have a car to build to see actual HP gains with differant parts. And apparently were gunna enter the car into some of the races. Its also WAY WAY WAY cheaper than those other programs + you just as qualified (if not more qualified because of the associates)
Old 02-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

TrePound has disabled reputation

do you have to have a lot of experience to do good in that school. how are ur classmates, do they look down on people without a lot of experience.
just wondering. always wanted to go to a auto tech school. but i dont have a lot of hands on experience.
i did my own kswap and help on a b swap but other than that im just book smart.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

Originally Posted by TrePound
do you have to have a lot of experience to do good in that school. how are ur classmates, do they look down on people without a lot of experience.
just wondering. always wanted to go to a auto tech school. but i dont have a lot of hands on experience.
absolutely not. All the people that go there are in the exact same boat, though naturally, some people know more than others. Everyone is extremely friendly and you could be a 17 year old kid, fresh out of high school, who has never even seen a car before, and youll do fine, as long as your into cars, and like to pay attention. They start from the VERY basics and work there way up. I would defenitly look into it if you are looking to become a tech, or even like to not be completely lost while working on your own car.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by TrePound
remember that you are going to school for the experience. most of the people are just starting out at a shop or just lookin to learn how to work on cars.

if you can swap a motor you should be more than fine to go to school.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
remember that you are going to school for the experience. most of the people are just starting out at a shop or just lookin to learn how to work on cars.

if you can swap a motor you should be more than fine to go to school.
you dont even have o know how to change spark plugs to do ok in that school (though it would help)

Quick Reply: Info on Wyo Tech,UTI or other Automotive school