Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Info Needed - 03-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Old 10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
DANGEROUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER
Default Info Needed - 03-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Ok, im already part of like a million other Forums so I dont really feel like looking for another Jeep forum to join.

Im looking in to getting a used 03-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee and was wondering who all had one and how you like it, MPG, maintenance, etc, etc.. Also, what motor and mods you have done as well.

If you have a reg Cherokee of these years, please feel free to post as well.

thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Info Needed - 03-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I kinda had one for like 2 months.. gas mileage is ass-fucking horrible, but it was pimp as fuck. Make sure you get heated seats.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM
skankin'

dubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud of

Theres about a million different editions of the Grand Cherokee. Come in 2wd, 4wd, six cylinder and eight, and all the differeint inside stuff (like the above said heated seats.) I'll just give you the basics on the base Laredo 4wd version. It comes with the 4.0L six cylinder which hasn't really changed much over the years, and is basically a tank. There is an optional V8 on the other Grand Cherokee models which is a 4.7L I think. Six cylinder puts out 195hp and 230ftlbs, while the V8 has 265hp. Theres also like 3 different 4WD systems among the different models. Select-Trac which is full-time, QuadraTrac, and QuadraTrac II I believe, which is an on-demand system. Confusing isn't it? They're nice inside with all the goodies. MPG with the 6cyl will be around 16/21...dunno the V8 off my head. I even think Peterson's 4wheel mag named it 4x4 of the year a little while ago. (Usually given to some ridiculous lexus SUV). Oh yea, last year for the regular cherokees was 2001.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:28 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Hmm... Didnt realize they stopped making the Reg Cherokees. Thanks.
If I decide to get one, it will be a 4x4.. Not sure if I want a the base loredo though.
Yeah the V8 they come with is the H.O. 4.7 (what I have in my truck minus the H.O. Cams/Intake Manifold) and although I wouldnt mind getting it with the 4.7, I really just wanted to know about the 4.0 6 cylinder and the efficiency/reliability of it.