Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Import Car Makers Vs. Domestic Car Makers (opinion thread)

Old 12-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Import Car Makers Vs. Domestic Car Makers (opinion thread)

Well in the last few years it seems to me car makers have died out on making more high horsepower and high torque imports, while on the other hand the v8's are stepping it up.
Are the car makers just losing intrest in the import world?, are they going for more of a fuel economy type of car?
As ive seen in the last couple of years V8's are just becoming rediculously fast. For many examples look at when the lightning came out, a truck that had plenty of balls from the factory and still had plenty of potential for more power. Then you have the Ls1's and Ls6's out there than can lay some numbers down too!
As far as i saw the past it was the imports had a big weight advantage over the domestic which made up for the power diffrences, but not anymore.
For imports all the supercars are just fading away into nothing. Look at the new RX-8, non-turbo and slow. The s-2000 wow a 9,000rpm redline, but still can't touch the domestic sportscars, the TT supra's faded out a while ago leaving the basically the skyline to hold up the inline 6cyl class and not that is goign bye bye. The 350Z coming out NT and heavy kills them on the tracks and street. Where is all the forced induction cars? Some of you say, "what about the turbo PT, SRT-4 neon, and Turbo Caviliers?"
Keep in mind who they are made by. When the Evo 8 came out it was basically a shitty version of the Jspec Evo, yes it can be fast but has no where near the potential of a V8. I know there is always gonna be the good ole saying "there is no replacement for displacement" but there is, its called BOOST imo.
I just figured id get some other peoples opinion on what the future hold for imports and the domestic world.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:32 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

The evo needs to come with a DOHC 4G64, the electric diff that it has in japan, and the 6 speed tranny froim japan. Then it would be pretty dope. Maybe in a few years.

I wanna know what Subaru would have to say to that?? Especially considering in order to do thoose no research would have to be done cause they already are or have been options.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:36 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

it's hammer TIME!
Old 12-25-2003, 02:39 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

i want to see the 5.7L hemi in a RWD coupe

and some real sports cars again, instead of this wannabe shit. yeah, putting a turbo on a grocery getter is kinda cool, but it's still a grocery getter, not a race car. put the effort into a nice sports car so the technology is actually being made useful
Old 12-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
i want to see the 5.7L hemi in a RWD coupe

and some real sports cars again, instead of this wannabe shit. yeah, putting a turbo on a grocery getter is kinda cool, but it's still a grocery getter, not a race car.
i believe the 5.7L hemi is going into the 300C and into the Magnum neither are coupes though
Old 12-25-2003, 02:41 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Hybrid AWD
i believe the 5.7L hemi is going into the 300C and into the Magnum
the magnum is an ugly mother fucker
Old 12-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

I agree...sorta...even the V8s are falling the way of the economy car though...
Old 12-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
the magnum is an ugly mother fucker
yeah but it has that kind of Nomad style to it, which i kind of like personally. The 300C looks pretty nice to, but like Mef said.... all falling to the econmy car though.

This needs a Hemi or AMG Supercharger

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 12-25-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

There is alot of merging in the real world. No such thing anymore as a true import or a true domestic..well maybe there are a few now but definatly by 2010 it will be alot of the same parts with a different badge.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:52 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

I want the Pontiac Solstice. And the Razor (the RWD thingy with the SRT turbo 2.4 in it). And the Charger. And Ford needs to bring a Turbo Focus here to compete with the SRT4, not the shitty RS from europe though, an RS with more power. Toyota needs to release a new supra. Nissan needs a Skyline. Honda needs a fast v6 RWD sports car. Dodge needs to keep the SRT4 and NOT base it off of the Lancer platform like they're gonna do in 06. Dodge needs a light RWD v8 challenger too (the Charger can be the midsize V8 like the GTO. Think 3200lbs, not 36-3800). Ford needs to bring over the 4 door v8 RWD powered Falcon and some SVT variants. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Quick Reply: Import Car Makers Vs. Domestic Car Makers (opinion thread)