Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

illegal equipment ticket

Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx
Default illegal equipment ticket

So, I got a ticket last night for my yellow bulbs in my headlights. Yes, thier not DOT approved but I figured no one would notice. The state trooper did though. He wrote me a ticket for Illegal Equipment. What are the chances of me not having to pay a fine if I swap the bulbs out and bring a picture of my stock bulbs back in my headlight?

This all happened in Chester btw, on Jefferson Davis. The irony was that a white Mustang drove by us with a full HID kit in his headlights and fogs glaring the road up and he did nothing. Just my luck.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

One Knasty K20 has disabled reputation
Default Re: illegal equipment ticket

if you change it it will most likely get dropped HID are alot less noticable that yellow bulbs.....LOL
Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 AM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

do you drive a honda? and yes if you put OEM parts back on your vehicle, then you would have complied with the ticket and the law, and it will get dropped
Old 02-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
do you drive a honda? and yes if you put OEM parts back on your vehicle, then you would have complied with the ticket and the law, and it will get dropped
Yea I drive a 5h gen Prelude.

cool, the cop was like "its all up to the judge if he feels like it".
Old 02-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

you'll get it dropped. just be courteous to the cop and judge. yellow bulbz iz kindah sillies don't ya think
Old 02-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you do something as blatantly noticeable as yellow headlights, don't you think you should be prepared to pay for a ticket?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

hahaha, they will get you for hids too.... i think cops just hate me anyways. i get pulled at least two or three times a month... and i will just be cruising.

hes like oh you cant have that cool blue look, you need factory. im like come on! hids are a new technology that every car is coming out with and its a lot safer!!!

i wish i could start a city board and do something about these lowering, headlight, exhaust tickets
Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 AM
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

i would go to the courthouse early and try to track down the cop and show him you changed the bulbs. Thats what i did with my exhaust back in the day and it worked out fine. good luck.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by hatchblack
hahaha, they will get you for hids too.... i think cops just hate me anyways. i get pulled at least two or three times a month... and i will just be cruising.

hes like oh you cant have that cool blue look, you need factory. im like come on! hids are a new technology that every car is coming out with and its a lot safer!!!

i wish i could start a city board and do something about these lowering, headlight, exhaust tickets
Aftermarket retrofits are not the same as factory HIDs, sorry. I understand what you're trying to say, but aftermarket HIDs in strange (non-white) color temperatures aren't doing a hell of a lot for safety in stock (non-HID) reflector housings. At least 80% of the aftermarket conversions I see (they're always obvious) aren't aimed or focused properly. It's a problem here in CO where there isn't very much ambient light to take the edge off of someone's cheapy HID conversion blinding you in the oncoming lane.

Seriously though, if you get pulled over that frequently, I would have at least gone to a set of HIDs with a different color temperature. Anything but pure white really isn't doing anything for nighttime visibility anyway.. If you don't want to change to something that isn't as attention grabbing, you should be prepared to pay ticket after ticket...

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-21-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
B.E.T.P.

hatchblack has disabled reputation

my hids are prime and their low beams are better than the hi beam halogen

Quick Reply: illegal equipment ticket