Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

If anyones interested...

Old 03-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Simply J Biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCsTypeJ has disabled reputation
Default If anyones interested...

Hey guys, I’m not so new, was actually here back in the day but been so busy I really haven't had a chance to keep up with this forum. Anyhow, lately I have been working with a new project and I am turning to this forum for a little help.

I recently started video taping for a local automotive video I am putting together. The purpose of this video is to show the local auto scene throughout MD, DC and VA. There will be footage from local car shows and events as well as street footage etc. We have already had one successful meet to gather footage and with the change in spring like weather fast approaching gives great opportunity for more successful meets.

Now there are 2 reasons I am posting here, 1 to see if anyone would be interested in helping me (i.e. get footage, donate footage, help set up meets etc) and 2 to let you guys know of local meets if anyone’s interested on getting in on this.

Before anyone offers anything, I am going to explain what I am looking for and what I will not put in this video. First off, this video is not to condone street racing or stupid stunts pulled by kids bored off their mind. The whole purpose of this video is to show the automotive scene in a healthy light thus helping rid the bad rep many place on the auto scene. We would like to feature local car clubs throughout the metro area as well as shops and events. We will also be featuring local bands, dj's and artists as the soundtrack to the video; currently we have 2 bands in the works.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in being a part of this video in anyway. Thanks so much guys!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:09 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: If anyones interested...

MerF Productions wouldn't mind collaborating when I can. What are you using to edit? If you want some raw video of legitimate racing at the track, let me know.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:25 AM
Simply J Biatch!

I am actually looking into programs right now. I might have help from a friend who does local band videos etc but I am not sure what program he uses. If you have any suggestions on programs etc please feel free to throw it out there! And yes, I'd def be interested in some track footage! Thanks so much! If you'd like you can e-mail me (RCs_TypeJ@yahoo.com) or AIM (rcstypej)
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Adobe is the best, but that's only my opinion (and the Wachowski brothers apparently).

Premiere will get the job done very well, and if you want to get into the flashier effects, check out Aftereffects. Both are Adobe products.

I am of course biased, but it's what I've always used and it's simple enough for a novice and has enough to satisfy the moderate-advanced users.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Simply J Biatch!

Thanks for the advice. I'll def check into those!
Old 03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

Deirdrea ccchr has disabled reputation
Thumbs up Re: If anyones interested...

Originally Posted by RCsTypeJ
Hey guys, I’m not so new, was actually here back in the day but been so busy I really haven't had a chance to keep up with this forum. Anyhow, lately I have been working with a new project and I am turning to this forum for a little help.

I recently started video taping for a local automotive video I am putting together. The purpose of this video is to show the local auto scene throughout MD, DC and VA. There will be footage from local car shows and events as well as street footage etc. We have already had one successful meet to gather footage and with the change in spring like weather fast approaching gives great opportunity for more successful meets.

Now there are 2 reasons I am posting here, 1 to see if anyone would be interested in helping me (i.e. get footage, donate footage, help set up meets etc) and 2 to let you guys know of local meets if anyone’s interested on getting in on this.

Before anyone offers anything, I am going to explain what I am looking for and what I will not put in this video. First off, this video is not to condone street racing or stupid stunts pulled by kids bored off their mind. The whole purpose of this video is to show the automotive scene in a healthy light thus helping rid the bad rep many place on the auto scene. We would like to feature local car clubs throughout the metro area as well as shops and events. We will also be featuring local bands, dj's and artists as the soundtrack to the video; currently we have 2 bands in the works.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in being a part of this video in anyway. Thanks so much guys!
Hi,
my name is Dee Nienstedt, president of the Car Club Council of Hampton Roads. We are helping dragva and Project 757 to bring together a solution. my council is part of 5 councils that have formed since my council was brought about. it was est 1992. Since the beginnig we have had clubs, such as Total Image, Neighborhood Dreamz. I believe i can help, the young drivers are at at every one of our open vehicle charity shows. Please let me show you a great view! pm me, we have a show 4/15 for Martina Natoli at AIK, she is in dire need of a double lung transplant. its looking(weather permiting) like we could end up with 300-400 vehicles. Dragva at our meeting CCCHR said they are going to be there in full force, perfect for you to get some great footage. Dee
Old 03-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Simply J Biatch!

Sounds great, I'll shoot you a PM!