Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I'd like some serious opinions.

Old 04-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Hating...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKim has disabled reputation
Default Re: I'd like some serious opinons.

I would take the WRX out of the picture. Insurance isn't too good and they arn't very gas friendly. I get 25ish hwy and 18 city...and thats not going above 5psi. If i get happy with the throttle...i can easily get as low as 13 mpg.

It sounds to me that economy is your #1 priority. Well a civic is perfect for that, as well as an integra. However, im worried about theft. How safe is your neighborhood?

If you still have the modding bug...and want other options....

240sx? They are pretty good/solid cars with rwd. Not bad in insurance and decent mileage.

GTi? any vr6 is great. The gas mileage isn't too great, but they sure do have balls when you need it. I wouldn't get any VW without a vr6 or 1.8t.

im sure there are more candidates.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by l8apex
you would have the same probblem you had with the ek after the pimpness wheres off.....to frickin slow (and heavy)

btw joe, i usually drive a lifted avalanche and come in looking for nuts and bolts.
See like tonight. Ok my fiance has a bone stock 04 Xterra. It's a nice truck, clean, stock, etc. It was weird. My Durango is just as clean as her truck, but it was just nice driving a stock newer vehicle.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

Originally Posted by ritz
I didn't get like this (the whole "ADD" thing) atleast not this bad until after I sold my LS1. I seriously had that car for almost 2 years and maybe thought of selling it 1-2 times. Now everything I get I mod then I just sell it.

It sucks honestly.
i feel you bro, i have six cars and have owned nine in the las eleven months
Old 04-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by ritz
And so you guys know I have like A.D.D. when it comes to cars. I can seriously go from wanting something one day to wanting something completely opposite the next that's why I want ALL opinions.
hahah tell me about it...its a horrible sickmess to have.
Turbo Diesel trucks are cool

Are you gonna finance?
If not I would get a SR swapped 240..fast, great handling and decent looking IMO
Old 04-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by JKim
I would take the WRX out of the picture. Insurance isn't too good and they arn't very gas friendly. I get 25ish hwy and 18 city...and thats not going above 5psi. If i get happy with the throttle...i can easily get as low as 13 mpg.

It sounds to me that economy is your #1 priority. Well a civic is perfect for that, as well as an integra. However, im worried about theft. How safe is your neighborhood?

If you still have the modding bug...and want other options....

240sx? They are pretty good/solid cars with rwd. Not bad in insurance and decent mileage.

GTi? any vr6 is great. The gas mileage isn't too great, but they sure do have balls when you need it. I wouldn't get any VW without a vr6 or 1.8t.

im sure there are more candidates.
Honestly I'd love to have a 240 (S14 bodstyle), but I just can't pay the price that one in good condition is going for. I don't like buying POS's. My fiance had a Golf before she traded it in on her Xterra. I like them, but I'm just still kinda iffy. FWD does suck.

And riding in Adam (turbo98's) 240 last night didn't help me shake the 240 idea.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
hahah tell me about it...its a horrible sickmess to have.
All bullshit aside I used to think it's funny, but now I can't stand it and it actually upsets me not being able to decide. I can decide on ANYTHING except a fucking car and then I get it and don't want it anymore.

That's another reason I was thinking about something newer. Don't get me wrong I loved my Civic, but it had a lot of little things that bugged me that I had to fix ASAP cause it couldn't stand it. I put on new suspension, new wheels and tires (two times), it had small dings on it. I think I'd be happier if I did end up with another Civic if it was "bought not built". I mean not completely, but just a clean car that didn't need anything done right away.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

Sc300? Good cars, luxury. Slow...stock. And fall under your 10k if you get something from the early 90's. 1993-1994. But you would be hard-pressed to find a 5spd and good condition under 10k. If you can deal with automatic...then your options open up alot more.

Audi A4? 1.8t's are great. And you might even get one with Quattro. But you will pay for premium insurance.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:12 PM
you suck, i know it

sc300/2jzbottom/1jz head+boost
Old 04-15-2006, 09:13 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

get a bike.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
you suck, i know it

Originally Posted by JKim
Sc300? Good cars, luxury. Slow...stock. And fall under your 10k if you get something from the early 90's. 1993-1994. But you would be hard-pressed to find a 5spd and good condition under 10k. If you can deal with automatic...then your options open up alot more.

Audi A4? 1.8t's are great. And you might even get one with Quattro. But you will pay for premium insurance.
you read my mind

Quick Reply: I'd like some serious opinions.