Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I'd like some serious opinions.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: I'd like some serious opinions.

Originally Posted by smooshie butt
Since when? From what I've researched, their only downfall is the turbochargers, which do not survive for much longer than 100k miles thanks to the excessive heat they generate and hold onto due to their tight placement within the engine bay. But a k04 Upgrade will fix that problem, along with giving you a metric shit-ton of more power.

And fast as a stock S4 isnt saying all that much, my SRT4 is as fast as a stock S4.
I was talking about a modified S4. 11 second quarter mile times are possible with the 1.8t A4 with full interior...and that's a bolt on affair.

Yeah, power increase is nice with the K04 option, but don't get me started on that versus the Garret options. I think you may want to read about other problems they have. DV issues and expensive hose replacements. There is a reason Samco makes replacement "boost hose" kits for these things. The factory ones are complete shit and do not last.

These cars are not cheap to work on either. To replace the turbos you basically remove the engine - right Dave?

Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic vehicles, but I don't think they fit into what Joe is looking for. I'd love to see him rock one.

Last edited by Corey; 04-16-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Originally Posted by blah
Joe, try shopping around for another insurance carrier. Those seem kinda high for 6 months.
Agreed. I pay around $600 for 6 months for a 2004 miata. I also paid the same for my R32 which are supposedly expensive to insure according to people on vwvortex with high premiums.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by blah
Joe, try shopping around for another insurance carrier. Those seem kinda high for 6 months.
Yeah, good advice. I just switched from State Farm to Nationwide.... $about $80 difference a month.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

streetsk8er757 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fat Nick
180 for a Civic!!!! I pay 159 for a GTO and I'm also 20 and have 2 tickets.
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i am going to do some shoping around for a new company
Old 04-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

Progressive is what I have.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

You guys suck. I have Geico and I pay $160 a month for my 05 SRT4 and my 94 Formula with like 3 tickets.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

this is tough, to me it sounds like an ls1 and only an ls1 will make you truely happy. yea the audi is nice and so is the subie but will you be content with it later down the road? if so great.

but if you pick up a stock ls1, it will be plenty quick and efficient stock, and have tons of potential for later down the road when you can afford a daily driver.

and it is possible to get an ls1 for around 10k, might not be an 01 or come loaded but their resale is really takin a dip with the gas prices, and they arent too bad. im gettin 21 average, and 31 highway.

as for insurance, look at geico for cheap rates. maybe if you have to, pick up a beater to get around in for a year or two then think about a good ls1 that you can keep.

bottom line is dont get somethin if you have any doubt you wont be content with it, you need something perfect that you can keep
Old 04-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Jackie

aznchck14 has disabled reputation

heh you could get a 99 Miata anniversary edition from linton motorsports for 12K. 25/29 mpg. Chick car maybe, but handling's great and its in a sexy blue color. Lol just throwing that out there. Havent a clue what insurance would be though. I saw it in person, imacculate condition!
Old 04-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

That's an odd recommendation. That's also a pretty high price imo. I don't think any 99 model is worth over $10k...anniversary or not.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:32 PM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Yeah, good advice. I just switched from State Farm to Nationwide.... $about $80 difference a month.

thats cause state farm blows.

Quick Reply: I'd like some serious opinions.