Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: So, which ones?
Black
78.38%
Chrome
21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

I need some honest opinions on wheels.

Old 10-16-2004, 08:28 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default I need some honest opinions on wheels.

Ok, well I've been through every damn wheel I could possibly afford, but I still can't figure out what I want. Well I think I'm gonna go ahead and go back to one of my decisions, a 17x11/17x9.5 combo with 275/40's up front and 315/35's in the rear. It's between black or chrome, chrome and black together look sick, but fuck these black wheels look hot as motherfucker.

So now is where I need you all, I know some of you are biased to the black wheels, but I want opinions on what would look good on MY car.

Here's my car:

Black ZR1's:

Chrome ZR1's:
Old 10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need some honest opinions on wheels.

the black wheels look so much better than them bling bling shits
Old 10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Patron

I can get away with bling bling shits because I don't drive an import.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:32 PM
The Comeback Kid

Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76 Nato76

I like bling wheels on cars but the black wheels look a lot better on that car.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:41 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

If you could post a picture of the chrome wheels on a non-convertable car w/ the ram air hood, it would make this decision fair.

The car with the chrome wheels looks like shit, and chrome will be demolished with a picture like that for comparison purposes.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:43 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I like your stock rims more than either of those. I think its really a pointless thing to spend money on, because the ZR1s arent jaw dropping at all.. they look like they came stock on the car. But your car, not mine
Old 10-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by flo w fx
I like your stock rims more than either of those. I think its really a pointless thing to spend money on, because the ZR1s arent jaw dropping at all.. they look like they came stock on the car. But your car, not mine
My stock wheels look like WS6 wheels in that pic (atleast in size), if they were then I'd keep them, unfortunately they're not, they are 16x8 with 245's and those black zr1's brand new are $440. I can't afford anything "jaw dropping" such as fikse's, ccw's, hre's, etc, which are all jaw dropping rims IMO.

I plan on going with the black ones, I just wanted to know what some of you all thought. Just curious.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:54 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by spic
If you could post a picture of the chrome wheels on a non-convertable car w/ the ram air hood, it would make this decision fair.

The car with the chrome wheels looks like shit, and chrome will be demolished with a picture like that for comparison purposes.
Well I searched ls1.com and that's all I could come up with and ls1tech is pulling some gay shit on the search, so I can't find anything else right now.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:04 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

In that case, I vote for sport bronze Rota Circuit 8's.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Piece of white trash

TrailorParkPimp has disabled reputation

black ones look hella sic on that TransAm in the second pic. i say get those

Quick Reply: I need some honest opinions on wheels.