Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How much to rebuild my engine....not including parts?

Old 09-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Jump In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
integra-t has disabled reputation
Default How much to rebuild my engine....not including parts?

My lude runs good and still pulls hard but the rings are going bad and if I am gonna do any internal I might as well just rebuild the whole thing....i'll buy tha parts...not looking for any backyard mechanics unless you are a fucking engine rebulding ass whipping machine......I want a place like tuners egde to do it...just give me some input on your expereinces with rebuilds and about how much they usually cost so I can decide to swap or rebuild....by the way it's a 89 lude Si (B20A5).
Old 09-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation
Default Re: How much to rebuild my engine....not including parts?

1500-2000$

btw search, this topic has been discussed many of times
Old 09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Honestly, you're going to have to call the shops and give them detailed info on what you want done.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Banned

SloUSDM22 is an unknown quantity at this point

so how is your 240 comin along tim?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SloUSDM22
so how is your 240 comin along tim?
slowly but surely. I'm going to try to drop the motor in this week and finish the front end conversion this weekend (the fenders are already on). Then some interior work, electronics, and then I'll just be waiting for the manifold to get done.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

SloUSDM22 is an unknown quantity at this point

sweet. post pics(i know u will anyways... )
Old 09-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24

Same happened to my B16 - tuners edge gave me a better deal to buy a new engine and install it than to rebuild my old one. That doesn't mean a lower price, but for the price of the rebuild I might as well have installed a newer engine - and they did a damn good job.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
import mechanic

sucio7 has disabled reputation

sometimes it cost more to rebuild an engine than to do a swap
personlally have done lots of rebuild and prefer the rebuild to the swap cause u know if done right it will last u a long time. to the swap wich is cheap u dont know what type of care the engine has had prior to u,which can be time and money consuming in the long run.
u will have to be specific when using the term rebuild, is very confused with overhauling an engine.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by blaxican25
slowly but surely. I'm going to try to drop the motor in this week and finish the front end conversion this weekend (the fenders are already on). Then some interior work, electronics, and then I'll just be waiting for the manifold to get done.

yes please get that shit out the garage so i can make some damn money, i cant work there at all, and while your at it please yell at jessica to get her car done.....and not sure if its your stuff or hers but do you people have any type of organizational skills at all. theres shit fucking everywhere, and i dont think it was you cause your car wasnt sanded on but the garage is fucking filthy and next time my stuff is completely covered in dust, im painting all of her shit grabber green. inlcuding that fucking engine she has in there, i push her shit out or at least cover it when i do shit in there and they didnt bother to cover my fucking paint guns or any of my other material, i cant paint in there for sure anymore, i need to find somewhere else i guess but the garage was perfect for small stuff....
Old 09-19-2005, 08:19 AM
#XV

The engine is mine, it was covered when she started, but all my other stiff got a nice pink coating.

I'm working on it man. Yeah, I know it's a paint in the ass for you, but at least you have something to drive.