Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How much to expect to pay for this 240...

Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Doin it in the dirt.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWOFAWTY has disabled reputation
Default How much to expect to pay for this 240...

So I finally found a 240sx that I want to buy. I told the girl to think of what she wants and to call me back. That was a week ago so I'm going to make an offer. I want to get it as cheap as possible.

It's a 92 or 93...fastback...KA24 (doesn't run)...5 speed...fresh tires...torn interior...dry rotted speakers...dunno how many miles...rust holes on the trunk where the spoiler used to be...no major dents...

Car has been sitting in the back yard for a year or so...anybody have any idea how much I should offer for this car?

I plan on getting it, gutting all the interior, radio, a/c, selling all I can, then lifting the motor and rebuilding it to get it running. Going to do a little bit with the KA24 then later on down the road possibly an SR20 swap.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: How much to expect to pay for this 240...

I would not pay more then 500 dollars at the very most.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Doin it in the dirt.

Sweet I was gonna make my first offer around $250-$300 and was gonna set about $800 as the highest I'd pay.

While I've got someone who knows their Nissan stuff, is the KA24 a capable engine? From what I've seen and heard it has some potential. I'm not looking for anything crazy because I have the tightest budget ever right now, but I do want the car to be quick. Any problem areas on these Nissans that need attention first? Any good places for parts? I appreciate any help you can give me, I'm trying to get as much information about these cars as possible before I spend any money on it.

Last edited by TWOFAWTY; 04-18-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

NcEricDemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BLACK95X
Sweet I was gonna make my first offer around $250-$300 and was gonna set about $800 as the highest I'd pay.

While I've got someone who knows their Nissan stuff, is the KA24 a capable engine? From what I've seen and heard it has some potential. I'm not looking for anything crazy because I have the tightest budget ever right now, but I do want the car to be quick. Any problem areas on these Nissans that need attention first? Any good places for parts? I appreciate any help you can give me, I'm trying to get as much information about these cars as possible before I spend any money on it.

if i was you, $600 maximum.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by BLACK95X

You can make KAs bullet proof if you have enough money. But on a stock bottom end, with low millage (under 100,000), you can safely make ~220-250whp. If you do rebuild the motor in the car you're getting spend the extra money on forged pistons and get some ARP headstuds. You can run a stock head gasket, and stock rods, you might as well get ARP rod and main bolts while you're replacing everything.

However, if you want quick power, just buy some SR20 injectors, an upgraded fuel pump (Walbro 255 would work), a cheap manifold, and T25 or T28 or a T3/T4 turbo and a SAFC and you'll make more power then a stock SR (with the T25, obviously you'll make more with a larger turbo).
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

well the ka24 is a good motor to start with....it has its draw backs here and there but people have made some produce very well.....u wanna have fun put stronger head bolts in and turbo it....stock internals will make up to what is it 15psi in boost safely? ask wishihadasilvia about that....he had a ka that was turboed....either way the motor stock is pretty fun.....im doing a ka build on mine...i have a 91 fast back.....if u need help there are plenty of us around here that can help...
Old 04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Doin it in the dirt.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate what I'm getting so far. I know a good bit about cars and engines, but this will be my first experience with my own vehicle that I can actually modify like this. I thought about fitting a turbo to the engine, because I do love the sound of boost lol

My main goal right now is to get the car, lift the engine, find the problem, and completely rebuild it. My goal before that is to save up from my four jobs lol.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

I would pay around $300 for that thing, very nice S13 shells go for pretty cheap on here. And you obviously need to start reading www.ka-t.org
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

$500 tops, and I only say that high because it is a DOHC
Old 04-19-2007, 06:53 AM
carebearreps

pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0 pedro 2.0

29 dollars tops

Quick Reply: How much to expect to pay for this 240...