Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

How to import a RHD japanese car to the states

Old 04-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fourwheelslide has disabled reputation
Default How to import a RHD japanese car to the states

Ok so here is exactly what im trying to accomplish, I have beean in love with the R32-43 SKYLINE GTR since i was just a kid playing with my toy calsonic Group A car. And from then on i knew when i could drive i would drive a GTR. Unfortunatly they never sold that series of skylines to the US. So then that mean i just had to get one imported and then id be set! WRONG... well after talking to some importers it seems the US government dosent like people just buying cars from other parts of the globe and geting them sent here. SO i thought id start my journey on trying to source and find a way to finaly get one here. So what im trying to get at is that i need help in trying to figure out how im gonna do this and i dont know where to exactly start. So if anyone out there who has imported a Japanese car to the states i love to get to know the steps involved and how i go about getting this done. Mostly id like to know who do i have to talk to get the car imported i.e. State Gov., Customs or any other Gov sector that i must deal with to get the vehicle able to be transfered into the us. Also what would need to be done so that the car can be allowed to be used on the streets. Yet if it is easier to have the car as an offroad only vehicle that is even fine with me. So if anyone with some prior knowledge on importing car from Japan would be a great help to me, and Hope fully all wil go well and soon i will be able to drive one of the most incredible cars Japan has ever rolled off its assembly line. So for all thoose can help just start firing away what knowledge you know to help get this process strated.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 AM
supermoto or bust

Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones Jones
Default Re: How to import a RHD japanese car to the states

Originally Posted by fourwheelslide
Ok so here is exactly what im trying to accomplish, I have beean in love with the R32-43 SKYLINE GTR since i was just a kid playing with my toy calsonic Group A car. And from then on i knew when i could drive i would drive a GTR. Unfortunatly they never sold that series of skylines to the US. So then that mean i just had to get one imported and then id be set! WRONG... well after talking to some importers it seems the US government dosent like people just buying cars from other parts of the globe and geting them sent here. SO i thought id start my journey on trying to source and find a way to finaly get one here. So what im trying to get at is that i need help in trying to figure out how im gonna do this and i dont know where to exactly start. So if anyone out there who has imported a Japanese car to the states i love to get to know the steps involved and how i go about getting this done. Mostly id like to know who do i have to talk to get the car imported i.e. State Gov., Customs or any other Gov sector that i must deal with to get the vehicle able to be transfered into the us. Also what would need to be done so that the car can be allowed to be used on the streets. Yet if it is easier to have the car as an offroad only vehicle that is even fine with me. So if anyone with some prior knowledge on importing car from Japan would be a great help to me, and Hope fully all wil go well and soon i will be able to drive one of the most incredible cars Japan has ever rolled off its assembly line. So for all thoose can help just start firing away what knowledge you know to help get this process strated.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM
typesb4thinking

nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3 nosediv3

youre not trying very hard

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/auto...thread-243681/
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

We have a sticky for this. READ.

READ.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
-RepLegion

SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec SlvrSpec

Idiot.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

1. You're too fucking retarded to survive long on your own

2. Fuck you GTR Fanboy

3. Fuck you again for not searching

Stupid fucking FS trolls
Old 04-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Shittiot.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:33 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

This is what I'd like to do. If you want an R32 call MotoRex and pay your 34 grand like every other GT-R fanboy bitch.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:52 AM
IM Trollin n Hatin

TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87 TimmyD87

you are a whopping pile of fucking gay.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

heard you're now selling pittbull puppies for 75.00 and have some dope 30" crims for 700.00