Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Honda Quitting F1!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-GoKart- will become famous soon enough
Default Honda NOT Quitting F1!!!

Sorry dave, first the Super Team and now the parent company are leaving F1. I only hope we get some other manufactures will put a bid in for a new team.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7766092.stm

Honda poised to quit Formula One

British driver Jenson Button scored just three points for Honda in 2008
Honda will quit Formula One on Friday, BBC Sport understands.

The Japanese car manufacturer are set to announce that they are selling their team, with a view to closing it down by the end of March if no buyer is found.

Sources told BBC Sport the team were "optimistic" they would continue, but no investor had yet been found.

However, according to the Reuters news agency, team bosses Ross Brawn and Nick Fry fear Honda could close the team within weeks.

According to a Reuters source, Brawn and Fry told a meeting of the Formula One Teams' Association, "They have a month to find a buyer, otherwise they are closing the team."

Honda, who recently cut road vehicle production as a response to the global economic crisis, are expected to make an announcement regarding the team's future at 0500 GMT on Friday.

More to follow.

Last edited by -GoKart-; 03-06-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Change in venue
Old 12-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

elements018 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Honda Quitting F1!!!

sucks, but also sucks scoring only 3 points an entire season.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:32 PM
A frog and his AK-47

my03lanceroz has disabled reputation

No!!!!!!! Bet you Rubens Barrichello is kicking himself in the ass for leaving Ferrari. Maybe Audi or some other car company will pick up where Honda left. Hey mike.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's probably because they spent $57.2million per championship point this season. I'd quit too if I spent that much money and remained a backmarker..
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

HolmeSiR can only hope to improve

First of all, let me say it's good to see some F1 fans here tonight. I can see how half a billion dollars a year to go racing would be a bit extravagant, but racetracks are where innovation and ingenuity come alive! It is a shame for honda to leave the game but it may be a beginning to the demise of one of the worlds greatest sports.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

honda nevar winz.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Teams like Honda are in the (racing) game for advertising obviously, and laying out that kind of cash without any worthy victories or high place finishes doesn't do anything for advertising. Ferrari makes road cars to support its racing budget, which is the opposite motivation as Toyota and Honda. Toyota has had just enough of a taste of success to keep them in the game though, which I still think is odd considering that they have the biggest budget on the grid. I dunno, I just think with their budget and parent/sponsor companies that they would both be doing better overall. Still though, the performance difference between the back of the grid and the front of the grid is smaller than it has ever been in the history of the series if I remember correctly, so it's probably just a matter of being almost there but just not enough..
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

HolmeSiR can only hope to improve

I believe there is only one reason all F1 teams are competing: To be the best at the pinnacle of motorsport in the entire world. Advertising is the best way to recoup alot of the money going into r&d and testing, not to mention paying an entire racing team(alota ppl) to globetrot for an entire racing season(8 months) but making money is why they sell street cars. F1 is a way to invest revenue not only to dominate on the track on the weekend, but to dominate sales at the dealership.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Racetracks

Originally Posted by HolmeSiR
F1 is a way to invest revenue not only to dominate on the track on the weekend, but to dominate sales at the dealership.
Honda is definitely not doing the former, and they're already good at the latter, which is why I think they're leaving.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:48 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

Interesting seeing they were hyping up their 2009 car pretty hard.

Quick Reply: Honda Quitting F1!!!