Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

honda build thoughts

Old 03-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Sheeeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch
Default Re: honda build thoughts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I've heard mixed results about GSR cams in a B16
I really don`t understand the point in the gsr cams....i had always seen it the other way around "people putting b16 cams in a gsr"

Also the block guard is an absolute pointless waist of money for you, sell it on honda-tech to someone else who doesn`t need it but doesn`t know better.

Last edited by Hooch; 03-20-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Originally Posted by di_bly
Ef stock engine blew and never had ps or use ac anyway. Dropping in b16 not for racing or show and tell. Just a solid dd for short cummutes. Back roads and seldom almost never on highway. and the op was about the engine asking possible numbers cr torque hp with additions of different pistons cams and basic bolt ons. I included the clutch to add the lightweight flywheel and crank pulley for variables. Y'all just ran with it haha but thanks for the bashing it always helps.
Some of us weren't bashing

I'm more curious to why you would build a motor for just daily driving.

If you just wanted to have it for daily driving and then just rebuild the b16 to factory specs and there you go. The more bullshit you add to the motor the less reliable it's going to be and 160hp in a ef civic is going to be plenty for daily driving.

Also stage three clutch is retarded, you should get a stage one organic clutch from exedy.

I feel like you're not telling us something because you really want to street race or make this car a show car or something.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 PM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Never had ac or power steering anyway.

Somebody is perfectly happy being poor and driving cars that barely work.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

di_bly has disabled reputation

Nah I understand stage 3 is much. I bought the motor with Gsr cams already and dude said it was turn key ready. So I opened the head up and seen dirt valve seal missing ect so I did a full break down to verify everything and rebuild with accurate torque specs. Decided to get a slight extra with p30 I got for 60$. With it torn down I decided it'd be smart to have brand new bearings rings Gaskets seals ect. Had no ac when bought it and ef had no ps so I did the n1 pulley and to compliment I got lightweight flywheel. Stage 3 because I got a good deal and I want to h2b soon full build. It dont bother me having to press tough clutch in. The exhaust headers IM are basic things I always do. The purpose of this post was to get numbers of possible compression knowing p30 gen2 b16a is 10:4 b16a2 is 10:2. Adding Gsr cams with slightly higher lift would there be any noticeable difference and if the combo would even work. Adj fuel and CIA skubk2 exhaust and in thinking that'd assist as well. I dont know. Just asking and it seems I've gotten my answers. So I appreciate verything guys and the bashing always helps because sometimes stubborn overlooks obvious.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 AM
2doors plus 2.

Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors Yep4doors

Well are you going to run any sort of chipped ecu or hondata. I think you're looking over that.

It's really whatever floats your boat with Hondas, that I've come to realize

Also you can google Honda compression calculator and figure out what your C/R is roughly going to be.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 AM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

All this for nothing.

You can piece together a cheap turbo kit and, with a good tune, make 100+ more whp.

Only fun thing about old Honda's, is they can be extremely fun and quick, for basically nothing.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:16 AM
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

^this is what i like about them..
Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Registered Member

power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight power2weight

Originally Posted by Lay Zee H
Never had ac or power steering anyway.

Somebody is perfectly happy being poor and driving cars that barely work.
Ef hatches never came with p/s... Troll fail.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:57 AM
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Oh man, sorry I don't know the inner workings of 20 year old econoboxes.

OP is still poor cause he can't even afford a car with power steering.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

di_bly has disabled reputation

Lol I have 2 Efs an audi Saturn and my great mini van. I like the Efs most of all Hondas. My opinion. If I could put a cheap turbo kit on. I've already a turbo and fmic. Without messing up my internals after 10k miles I'd do it. I've read many reviews but I feel like people who slap boost on stock just don't make sence IMO. But maybe ill do it

Quick Reply: honda build thoughts