Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

hm.. what could be causing my shaking.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King
Default hm.. what could be causing my shaking.

I have some work wheels on my car, and ever since i threw them on the car has always shaked, the front 2 got bent because of potholes etc. however the 2 front tires both just came back from ye ole wheel shop so the fronts are fine, the rears I watched them balance in front of me. now the 2 fronts are back, i'd say 90% of the shaking went away but its still pretty apparent that my car shakes above 50mph.

the tires i have on the car are nitto neo-gens.

im stumped, I don't have shitty wheels, they check out fine, so... Tires?

oh btw, when my stockies are on theres no shake. so i ruled out suspension wear.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:01 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: hm.. what could be causing my shaking.

Originally Posted by 百人看不懂
I have some work wheels on my car, and ever since i threw them on the car has always shaked, the front 2 got bent because of potholes etc. however the 2 front tires both just came back from ye ole wheel shop so the fronts are fine, the rears I watched them balance in front of me. now the 2 fronts are on the back, i'd say 90% of the shaking went away but its still pretty apparent that my car shakes above 50mph.

oh btw, when my stockies are on theres no shake. so i ruled out suspension wear.
Is that what you meant?

What kind of car is it?

Are they torqued to spec?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
Is that what you meant?

What kind of car is it?

Are they torqued to spec?
my bad, im kinda tired. the car is an IS300, its lowered a little bit. all my lugs are torqued to 90lbs (I've been told thats a good torque)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

the lugs might not be tight enough, i tq my lug nuts on my civic to 80. sounds like bad tires if the problem is only with this set of wheels. that or either

Spoiler

Old 09-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have some work wheels on my car, and ever since i threw them on the car has always shaked, the front 2 got bent because of potholes etc. however the 2 front tires both just came back from ye ole wheel shop so the fronts are fine, the rears I watched them balance in front of me. now the 2 fronts are back, i'd say 90% of the shaking went away but its still pretty apparent that my car shakes above 50mph.

You have bad/bent wheels. Or a belt that shifted in a tire. If you remove the aftermarket wheel/tire and replace with stock stuff and the problem goes away. Then it must be what you changed.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

it is probably a broken belt in the tire...

take the wheels off 1 at a time and see which one affects it...then take a look at the tire and see if any of the tread look funny...like a bubble or a tread that is not perfect line as the rest
Old 09-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by forced4gsix3
You have bad/bent wheels. Or a belt that shifted in a tire. If you remove the aftermarket wheel/tire and replace with stock stuff and the problem goes away. Then it must be what you changed.
i think u missed the part where i mentioned the front wheels just got rechecked and restraightened. but yea, I'll put some tires on order and see if thats the shit.

Originally Posted by nftuatn
it is probably a broken belt in the tire...
thanks, i didnt know that was a problem that existed. (seriously)
Old 09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Is the hub opening the correct size for your car? I.E. are the wheels 72mm and your hubs 68mm and you need a ring?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:21 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

thanks, i didnt know that was a problem that existed. (seriously)
yes and its usually worse on low profile tires...you can bust the sidewall cord and the cords in the middle also...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Reloaded
Is the hub opening the correct size for your car? I.E. are the wheels 72mm and your hubs 68mm and you need a ring?
no actually, would it matter THAT much? i've been in plenty of cars without hubcentric rings however no one has it bad as i do.

Quick Reply: hm.. what could be causing my shaking.