VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   high mileage IS300? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/high-mileage-is300-267291/)

JROW 12-16-2008 08:17 AM

Re: high mileage IS300?

As long as it appears to be in good working order and was taken care of I wouldn't be afraid to do that. Especially if he's giving you cash with it.

Do it asap.

|2ocky 12-16-2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY (Post 4798135)
this guy must get beat by a whole lotta hondas... seems like every honda thread is laced with this dude hatin... :dunno:

in the spirit of fairness i would say, whats your motivation? if youre trying to bump to a luxury 4 door with a little sportiness to it and you cant afford a new school TL then the IS is the way to go. just make sure you get someone who knows what the heck they're doing to take a look at it before the deal is final

I somehow don't think thats the case.

JROW 12-16-2008 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by |2ocky (Post 4803277)

I mean, he does have a point....the is300 is a much better car than the civic.

Muncher 12-16-2008 08:50 AM

Do it, put the extra cash aside, continue to save more cash and put a new motor in it.

Theres always the 2jz swap as well.

NiceNloW 12-16-2008 01:00 PM

thanks alot for your input i just didnt wanna fuk myself over.

Tito 12-16-2008 01:33 PM

i wouldn't do it.

Hondas_Only 12-16-2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by |2ocky (Post 4803277)

what specifically?

|2ocky 12-16-2008 02:04 PM

That someone would say to get rid of a civic because they get beat by a lot of hondas.

Fobby 12-16-2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by siclike7 (Post 4803401)
Do it, put the extra cash aside, continue to save more cash and put a new motor in it.

Theres always the 2jz swap as well.

The is300 already has a 2jz:).....Goto clublexus do some research on the is300 and mileage

Nigerian Hair 12-16-2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY (Post 4798135)
this guy must get beat by a whole lotta hondas... seems like every honda thread is laced with this dude hatin... :dunno:

in the spirit of fairness i would say, whats your motivation? if youre trying to bump to a luxury 4 door with a little sportiness to it and you cant afford a new school TL then the IS is the way to go. just make sure you get someone who knows what the heck they're doing to take a look at it before the deal is final

That was one of the dumbest things ive heard in a long time. When have you seen me in multiple "Honda" threads "hatin" on people that own them? Considering I came from the honda crowd not too long ago,the only thing that I still laugh at,is people that think FWD will ever be superior to RWD or AWD in the drag racing world.

I give credit when credit is due,and owning a EP3,I will never give credit to anyone thats an owner. It is in fact a dead end car,which is why you can buy them for almost the same price,or actually cheaper than a tastefully modded EM1. It was by far the least popular SI made,as well as the least powerful (thats not saying much either). I dont care if your car made Honda tuning,SCC,or whatever import magazine that is in right now. It doesnt take away from the fact that the car has no performance,or appearance appeal what so ever.

The last "honda" I got beat by,was a K swapped EK hatch. It certainly wasnt an EP3,nor did it have EP3 powertrain underneath the hood. But lets look at the statistics :

He spent probably somewhere between 4-6k on the swap,Engine managment,bolt-ons,and a tune. I spent lets see here...200$ on a CAI,and about 180$ on a 4.10 ring and pinion gear. Guess what?? it took him until 6th gear to actually pull away from me,from a 60 roll in 3rd gear. Congrats. It was definitely a nice car,but at the end of the day,I would rather have a decent performing vehicle with simple everyday features like cruise control,A/C,power steering and other things than just a "Fast" car. I dont give a shit if the IS300 has super high mileage,if the guy throws cash on top,do it.

Originally Posted by NiceNloW (Post 4798177)
yeah that comment kinda pissed me off but i just let it go:rolleyes:

yeah its like a EURO look but the reliability of a Japnanese. well i want a luxury sport with a lil RWD fun. nothin fun about spinning the front tires hahahaha

Im sorry you got pissed off at the truth. Let me re-iterate it again for you : YOU own a dead end vehicle. You want advice but you want to get mad when someone tells you the truth??? Dont post again then.

Ohh yeah, Dont even bother - repping me on some dumb shit for getting butthurt.