Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

High Comp t25 auto x questions need some help

Old 02-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
martinodc4 has disabled reputation
Default High Comp t25 auto x questions need some help

Alright so this is what im workin with right now!
High comp LS motor 2k miles
Eagle rods wiesco 11 to 1 pistons
ACL bearings
balanced crank
ETC... fully built bottom end
Stock ls head 50k miles

Before I boost it imma take head off put some ARP studs and a new head gasket

What I need help with is fabbing up a downpipe and running oil and coolant lines...

I have a fresh garret t25 turbo off a sr20 Im trying to think off ways to fab a downpipe for this I'm already running a 2.5" exhaust didnt know if anyone has ever done this before that could give me some insight

And for the oil lines I was wondering where I could get a set of oil and water lines for this app

Also if you have any helpful ideas to making this build any better please throw information out Im new to auto x so share some experience as to what I need to have a nie setup thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 11:41 AM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: High Comp t25 auto x questions need some help

You're going to be slower with a turbo on it. As for a nice setup, either keep it stock or beef up the suspension.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

Originally Posted by martinodc4
Alright so this is what im workin with right now!
High comp LS motor 2k miles
Eagle rods wiesco 11 to 1 pistons
ACL bearings
balanced crank
ETC... fully built bottom end
Stock ls head 50k miles

Before I boost it imma take head off put some ARP studs and a new head gasket

What I need help with is fabbing up a downpipe and running oil and coolant lines...

I have a fresh garret t25 turbo off a sr20 Im trying to think off ways to fab a downpipe for this I'm already running a 2.5" exhaust didnt know if anyone has ever done this before that could give me some insight

And for the oil lines I was wondering where I could get a set of oil and water lines for this app

Also if you have any helpful ideas to making this build any better please throw information out Im new to auto x so share some experience as to what I need to have a nie setup thanks
Its impossible.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

why would it be slower? just wondering and impossible? please explain
Old 02-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by bumada
You're going to be slower with a turbo on it. As for a nice setup, either keep it stock or beef up the suspension.
You're getting your facts confused. A turbo'd engine will often be slower around an autocross course than a non-turbo engine (of roughly the same power output) because of the lag characteristics, etc.

If you start with any given engine, then add power to that engine with a turbo (or anything else), you'll still usually be faster than the original engine because of the power increase. This assumes that you haven't done things like change the compression ratio, cams, etc., which would alter the engine output independently of the turbo. This also assumes that you don't have a heavy foot with the extra power when you shouldn't have a heavy foot so you aren't going into the wrong areas of the traction circle when you shouldn't be.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-09-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:09 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
You're getting your facts confused. A turbo'd engine will often be slower around an autocross course than a non-turbo engine (of roughly the same power output) because of the lag characteristics, etc.

If you start with any given engine, then add power to that engine with a turbo (or anything else), you'll still usually be faster than the original engine because of the power increase. This assumes that you haven't done things like change the compression ratio, cams, etc., which would alter the engine output independently of the turbo. This also assumes that you don't have a heavy foot with the extra power when you shouldn't have a heavy foot so you aren't going into the wrong areas of the traction circle when you shouldn't be.
More or less a joke. From my experience, I have yet to see a very competitive turboed autocross except an STi. I guarantee you that the OP will be much faster around an autocross course without a turboed honda. An experienced driver might be able to drop times with turbo car compared to the non turbo version but it will not be by much.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

the reason i wanted to do the high comp turbo build because less lag quicker spool with the extra displacement and this turbo hits full boost at 3300 so i would be in boost the whole time that was my out look on it plus its my daily i already finished with my suspension just buttonin up motor now
Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

The t25 is so small that it shouldn't lag too bad. Shit they hit full boost then die before you get anywhere lol. I don't think the OP will get any slower with adding a turbo to his car but I don't think it's really worth it when he can spend money on suspension, brakes, and tires.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

i read a thred on a guy doing it pretty much had the same setup and was puttin down 250 at 8psi or so with it just wonderin if it will be suitable
Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

Originally Posted by martinodc4
i read a thred on a guy doing it pretty much had the same setup and was puttin down 250 at 8psi or so with it just wonderin if it will be suitable
my stock LS makes 267whp @ 9.2psi and full spool at 3500rpm. IMO, spend the money on your suspension or switch to road course if you choose turbo. you're better suited running NA in auto-x. but a turbo can work depending on what all you have already done or planning to do to the car regarding suspension/tire/transmission gearing. i plan on trying auto-x with my current set-up just to see

Quick Reply: High Comp t25 auto x questions need some help