Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Help out and/or convince Crate thread

Old 12-03-2003, 01:12 PM
ahhhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help out and/or convince Crate thread

Ok as some of you may know, Crate has horrible compression in one of his cylinders, is it a piston ring or a bad valve, we don't know yet. So here is the situation regardless of which ever it is he has to pull the head and replace whatever is wrong. and since he will have the block apart....Type S pistons like whoa!
Now if you don't know he already has an H22A and we need to convince him to go ahead and get the prelude type s pistons and raise the compression to around ~11.8:1 (with the use of a thinner headgasket or milling or both)
Problem #2 Where will this money come from to do this work and buy parts? That is where DragVA come's in, with over 5,000 members if everyone gave just one quarter ($0.25) he would have enough money to achieve this and have a very Merry Chrismas.
Everyone talks about helping each other out when it comes to cars....here's your big chance, think of it this way, buy one less soda/candy bar a month and you can afford to help.
If you want we can set up a paypal account or I will accept contributions in his name.

Also you can still afford to contribute to TTE's charity event at millenium. so don't let that deter you.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:20 PM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

who wants to pay for my tranny?
Old 12-03-2003, 01:30 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

why don't you figure out how much power he's going to make by switching to type-s pistons? half the time you get like 1.5hp by upping the CR a point. id invest in a good set of rings and rod bolts way before i did that.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:03 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

hahah I love it!
Old 12-03-2003, 02:20 PM
ahhhh

split has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond reputesplit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by reuter
why don't you figure out how much power he's going to make by switching to type-s pistons? half the time you get like 1.5hp by upping the CR a point. id invest in a good set of rings and rod bolts way before i did that.
You sir are not positivly contributing.
Originally posted by NighthawkRSX
who wants to pay for my tranny?
nor are you. it's a fucking quarter c'mon.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

My check's in the mail.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:24 PM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

Originally posted by split
You sir are not positivly contributing.
preventing someone from wasting around 500 dollars on something basically useless is positive contribution in my book.

but i'll auction off some of my belly button lent to help the cause
Old 12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

i think everyone should just give everyone else a quarter for x-mas to make everyone happy....its cheaper than some collect call or whateva
Old 12-03-2003, 03:46 PM
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

He should get the cams too....do they h22a's have floating wrist pins or what??? i have a h22a, and someone told me they dont...so thats a tad bit moe money to either get new rods, or h22a4 rods, or get the present rods do have the floating wrist pins
Old 12-03-2003, 03:58 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

piston rings and a turbo kit.