Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

help needed

Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedychic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help needed

Recently wrecked the avenger and lot of body damage. But question. After the wreck my check engine light came on. Ran codes and it was the o2 sensor. Checked it, it was fine. Well in the crash I had pushed the abs control module bracket into the tire. Pulled the bracket out. Check engine light still on. Check abs, still worked great. But tonight (friday) when i put gas in the car, the engine light went off. What causes it too come on for a couple days then just go off without really doin much.Thanx
Old 05-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ
Default Re: help needed

Originally Posted by speedychic
Recently wrecked the avenger and lot of body damage. But question. After the wreck my check engine light came on. Ran codes and it was the o2 sensor. Checked it, it was fine. Well in the crash I had pushed the abs control module bracket into the tire. Pulled the bracket out. Check engine light still on. Check abs, still worked great. But tonight (friday) when i put gas in the car, the engine light went off. What causes it too come on for a couple days then just go off without really doin much.Thanx
Seriously it was probably that the gas cap wasnt tightend. My moms dodge trucks engine light would come on if the gas cap wasn't tightend
Old 05-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned

Seriously that was the first thing i checked. Because that has happened to me before.
Old 05-08-2004, 12:50 AM

saleenspec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by speedychic
Ran codes and it was the o2 sensor. Checked it, it was fine.
What do you mean you checked it, it could be the o2 sensor. It is the resistor or something inside that is making it come on and go off. I had a car that did this. The check engine light would come on and off whenever, and the o2 was the reason.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saleenspec
What do you mean you checked it, it could be the o2 sensor. It is the resistor or something inside that is making it come on and go off. I had a car that did this. The check engine light would come on and off whenever, and the o2 was the reason.
she looked at it and it was still there... hense she checked it
Old 05-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Banned

well everything is up and running fine still. I dont know what to say about the check engine light but it hasnt came back so i guess everything is fine. I guess ill find out if its not when my car breaks down on the side of the road.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Smee

LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98 LudeDude98

my check engine light stays on all the time. Its when it goes off, thats when i get worried.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:51 AM
no longer a moder8r

chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad chad

did you just wreck it like 2-3 days ago ... is it silver with stickers all over the rear side windows with exhaust and rims ? if so i saw it on the tow truck... i thought it was my buddys car till i saw it covered in stickers.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JUSTA EX
did you just wreck it like 2-3 days ago ... is it silver with stickers all over the rear side windows with exhaust and rims ? if so i saw it on the tow truck... i thought it was my buddys car till i saw it covered in stickers.
yeah i wrecked it Monday night but no it doesnt have stickers on it. by the way still no engine light. Probably just worked whatever dirt i had in the air filter finally cleaned out. Thanx. "hell yeah'' the famous avenger is back on the road. She is a willing and waitin. Watch Out Now.
Old 05-08-2004, 04:09 PM

Phade is an unknown quantity at this point

Please tell me how you checked codes?

Quick Reply: help needed