Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Help me find a part... Mirror mounting stud for an 2000 model year E450

Old 10-14-2010, 11:23 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Help me find a part... Mirror mounting stud for an 2000 model year E450

Normally I wouldn't ask such a specific question here... but I'm really racking my brain trying to find this tiny little part. The passenger side mirror of my RV broke the studs that hold the mirror on. They come premounted in replacement mirrors from Ford, but apparently they don't sell just the stud. The local junk yard doesn't have any down here. I need three of them to properly mount the mirror.

HANO
Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng
Default Re: Help me find a part... Mirror mounting stud for an 2000 model year E450

You can't just either get a bolt or cut some threaded rod to replace the broken part?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
HHIC

Default Re: Help me find a part... Mirror mounting stud for an 2000 model year E450

Originally Posted by eng
You can't just either get a bolt or cut some threaded rod to replace the broken part?
It's a really odd thread. There are way to ghetto-fix it, but I want to exhaust all options for finding the correct part first. It's an OCD thing.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Do you have a pic? I have a few studs from the mirror on my Pontiac but they're probably completely different. If it's the same or close enough you can have it.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

McMaster Carr sells lots of different types of studs. You'll have to know the thread pitch, diameter, etc.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

If you can tell me what the thread is, I can probably make it for you.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

you wouldnt happen to be talking about the plastic studs that extend from the back of the mirror glass backing plate are you?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM
HHIC

I'll have to pull a stud from the driver's side to get a picture of it.
Shawn... It's two different thread diameters, and I'm not talking about on opposite sides. There are two different thread diameters on the same side. It's odd. Getting one made would be an absolute last resort. It's a tiny little part, I'd probably drill it out and put a heli-coil in there before I went through all that trouble.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flite
I'll have to pull a stud from the driver's side to get a picture of it.
Shawn... It's two different thread diameters, and I'm not talking about on opposite sides. There are two different thread diameters on the same side. It's odd. Getting one made would be an absolute last resort. It's a tiny little part, I'd probably drill it out and put a heli-coil in there before I went through all that trouble.
yea get me a picture of it and ill see what i can come up with at work.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
HHIC

Ok, I'll pull one out of the driver's side soon, unless I find another one soon.

Quick Reply: Help me find a part... Mirror mounting stud for an 2000 model year E450