Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: EVO or STi
EVO
38.53%
Sti
61.47%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi

Old 03-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Back for more

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GodsOther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I told you last night and I'll tell you again, fuck the jap crap (sorry guys =) ) get a babied C5 vette for mid/high 20's... find one with an extended warranty! At least go drive one. All you import boys have wrong/ignorant impressions of the newer Vettes, you tend to think that it's a big bulky american car. The opposite is the truth...

EVO or STI they're still a LANCER and an IMPREZZA The 350Z and the G35 are better looking too.

Yes I'm biased, but I know how I'd spend my money!
I'll tell you what I like your car and of the few times we have met you have seen like a pretty cool guy but sorry 50k for ANY american car is a waste, the quality just ISN'T there, 350Z or G35 definetly a better buy than a vette IMO but for 50k I expect a lot more out of a car, sorry bro! unless your talking money like that for a 63' Split window with the L88 hood and all other goodies then I might consider!
Old 03-12-2004, 05:59 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Whatd do you know about the quality of a Z06? Driven one? Do you even know half of the electronics systems it has on it? Do you know anything about the MOTOR?

He wasn't telling him to go out and buy a brand new z06, he was talking about used cars, in which case you can grab a z06 for about 32k. Which is the same price range as the STi/Evo
Old 03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

A waste for 50K??? shit the car is the absolute BEST track car out there for the money. It'll outperform an modena for 1/4 the cost. The only thing people knock the car for is it's "plasticy" interior. Yes it's not M3 inside but ergonomically and functionally it's fantastic. BTW I drove Bill's 350Z the other day it (it's super nice) is just as "plasticy" as my corvette. Show me any other car for under $80,000 that'll perfrorm even close to the Z06 in all areas... there aren't any! The car has a huge assortment of electronics including the DIC "Digital Information Center" and the Active Handling system which is one of the best out there. Whenever I go do an HPDE (high performance driving event) the instructors who ride with me are floored with the car's performance. Most know what to expect, but those who are Porshe-heads or the like end up loving it. How is a Z or a G35 a better buy? Maybe if you want to pimp and be the most comfortable... go to a track and I'll destroy you in EVERY category!

It's goot to see someone like GreyGTI know's what's up with these cars. He's right you can get a nice used vette for mid/low 20's now and get a stroker + T-1 suspension and keep up with an Enzo, shit I'd rather have the slower Modena though. There 's LS6 motors with Heads/Cam + bolt-ons making over 500 rwhp now on pump gas!

All I was saying is that if you're going to dump over $30,000 into a car you should consider a Vette, I know you want the STI so get what makes you happy!
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Official Bad Omen

The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew The Jew

For fear of being beheaded by Cobra4b, and the fact that it is a great car, I would agree that getting a nice used Z06 would be very viable, but I also like the STi because of its greater utility. Still, the Z06 does kick serious ass, and I think can be compared with the STi and EVO for bang for the buck. See....? I've learned not to get between Brian and his vette.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:53 PM
Back for more

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Whatd do you know about the quality of a Z06? Driven one? Do you even know half of the electronics systems it has on it? Do you know anything about the MOTOR?

He wasn't telling him to go out and buy a brand new z06, he was talking about used cars, in which case you can grab a z06 for about 32k. Which is the same price range as the STi/Evo
Ok for starters I know ENOUGH about the quality of a Z06 or any other vette to know I just wouldn't buy one, not for 50k, that simple, Yes I have driven a few, YES they are fast YES I know about the electronics blah blah blah (why I am even explaining that I just plain am not into the corvette is beyond me, I guess I am bored)

and no one was saying brian is telling anyone to go out and spend 50k on a vette I am saying that for as much as a vette goes for I would RATHER an import, not necesarily a japanese one either, probably a german one and for 50k that german car would be the M3 for 30-40k would be a well equipped 330ci hardtop just an all around sharp car.

Brian since I figure since you see where I stand on this, I am not bashing the z06 it just isn't a car I would want, nothing against it nothing personal I just have different tastes and this guy has been all over my johnson about it saying because I wouldn't spend the money on one somehow I am bashing them.... maybe I missed somethin?
Old 03-12-2004, 11:05 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by GodsOther
my johnson about it saying because I wouldn't spend the money on one somehow I am bashing them.... maybe I missed somethin?
Not really, you just make it sound like the only thing positive about a Z06 is its straight line speed.

Like you said "z06 = motor = macho" Or however you put it.

They're far more advanced than just a big motored Viper.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Back for more

Originally Posted by flo w fx
Not really, you just make it sound like the only thing positive about a Z06 is its straight line speed.

Like you said "z06 = motor = macho" Or however you put it.

They're far more advanced than just a big motored Viper.
Sugar coat it any way you want but the corvette has ALWAYS had and ALWAYS will have the macho image associated with it! as well as the bigger is better american mentality. Sorry this has been the vette image for years, well before you or I was even a thought in someones head

P.S. just so you know the Viper has the bigger motor.... something about 2 more cylinders and about 100+ inches more? (505 ci V-10)

Last edited by GodsOther; 03-12-2004 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:40 AM
Nunchuck Skillz

TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound

Umm.. think the thread got hijacked

Love my evo... everyday I drive it... makes me smile...
Get whateever makes you smile

Both are great cars... You can't go wrong in this decision.
Old 03-13-2004, 10:07 AM
F the D16

IllIl II l IIlI is a jewel in the roughIllIl II l IIlI is a jewel in the roughIllIl II l IIlI is a jewel in the roughIllIl II l IIlI is a jewel in the roughIllIl II l IIlI is a jewel in the rough

if you were gonna put a FMIC on the STI im not really sure but i think youd have to puch out the bumper a lil or get a diffrent one
Old 03-13-2004, 10:09 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

Originally Posted by IllIl II l IIlI
if you were gonna put a FMIC on the STI im not really sure but i think youd have to puch out the bumper a lil or get a diffrent one
you can stop posting now.

Quick Reply: HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi