Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Helmets

Old 06-07-2010, 09:48 AM
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default Re: Helmets

Originally Posted by J3sse
they don't.
only m2005 rated so there is a chance they will not be accepted at certain places
i really don't give a shit, but since you've already done the research, can you please post a link, for curiosity's sake? i purposefully spent a few extra on these helmets because they were all the whatever-number rated that people were suggesting, it's very interesting that suddenly within the past year or so there's all these brand new standards.

i've seen these helmets on professional riders, albeit i bought them in 08... so it is pretty unbelievable to hear someone tell me that some tracks would consider them 'unsafe' and not accept them.

Originally Posted by Will Sol
You can take your neg rep and your shitty helmets that arent up to code for the dual purpose that I asked for and shove it up your ass.

You didnt attempt to answer my original question. You tried to turn it into a for sale thread. If you really wanted to help you would of provided an answer similar to Speedoften and then maybe said if you want I have some gear you can check out here at this link or PM me.

But if you want to continue to cry like a little bitch cause I didn't jump up and down thanking you for the oppurtunity to buy your shit. Go ahead and do that.
again, i'd be pleased if you would fuck off for reacting so shitty to the fact that i wasn't aware of all these stupid stipulations. i even went so far as to NOT call you a fucking retard for thinking you needed a different type of helmet in a car- what the fuck are you trying to do, NASCAR? And you don't even have a bike, yet your setting yourself up for track days? I'm not keeping track, but I'm pretty sure this is at least the second time you've gotten all fucking pissy after asking a question if you didn't receive EXACTLY the type of answer you were expecting. shut the fuck up and GOOGLE something for christ's sake, you little fucking bitch.

in any case, it seems as if it's just a matter of ignorance on my part on not being up to the latest trends and statistics. as far as i knew, dot and snell were the 'must-haves' when it came to helmet standards, at least on the street. and i don't make a regular appearance at the track so it's not likely i would have known all this other shit, but it's not like i'm blasting my helmets all over craigslist or the fs forum, i don't have them advertised at all. my bike was stolen recently and suddenly i have a couple helmets i don't use any more.

so again, fuck you, your car, and the bike you don't have for catching a fucking attitude for me trying to answer a question and posting ON TOPIC about helmets that have recently come up for sale.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by blackout
i really don't give a shit, but since you've already done the research, can you please post a link, for curiosity's sake? i purposefully spent a few extra on these helmets because they were all the whatever-number rated that people were suggesting, it's very interesting that suddenly within the past year or so there's all these brand new standards.

i've seen these helmets on professional riders, albeit i bought them in 08... so it is pretty unbelievable to hear someone tell me that some tracks would consider them 'unsafe' and not accept them.

again, i'd be pleased if you would fuck off for reacting so shitty to the fact that i wasn't aware of all these stupid stipulations. i even went so far as to NOT call you a fucking retard for thinking you needed a different type of helmet in a car- what the fuck are you trying to do, NASCAR? And you don't even have a bike, yet your setting yourself up for track days? I'm not keeping track, but I'm pretty sure this is at least the second time you've gotten all fucking pissy after asking a question if you didn't receive EXACTLY the type of answer you were expecting. shut the fuck up and GOOGLE something for christ's sake, you little fucking bitch.

so again, fuck you, your car, and the bike you don't have for catching a fucking attitude for me trying to answer a question and posting ON TOPIC about helmets that have recently come up for sale.
Reading comp owns you. Tracking in a car, and then using a the same helmet to ride a motorcycle late. How hard of an idea is that?

HOW IS HAWKING YOUR SHIT ON TOPIC?? I'm asking what kind of helmets can pull double duty? Nowhere in there did I say hey, who has helmets for sale??? I said what kind do I need.

You really need to learn to read you ignorant fuck.

I've only worn helmets that I knew were for a car and am still learning about motorcycle helmets. It cracks me up that you're this fucking much of a little bitch to get worked up over this.

Reacting so shitty??? You're the one that posted after I thanked someone for answering my question. The first two post were only - HEY BUY MY SHIT and didn't provide an answer to the original question.

So once again stop crying that I dont want to buy your shit and that you posted useless fucking information. So in summary Eat a dick faggot and get off my nuts.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:00 AM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough

the standards are FAR from new. the 2005 means the shit has been around for 5 years.
how hard is it to google the helmet name? 1st link is to the helmet on the shoei website that says its a m2005.

they meet a less safety standard then SA rated, specifically in the areas of fire resistance and are not rated for multiple impacts or impact with roll bars. it is up to the venue to decide what is acceptable.

i even went so far as to NOT call you a fucking retard for thinking you needed a different type of helmet in a car- what the fuck are you trying to do, NASCAR?
but you do in some cases.. your the one that is still wong here.

if you didn't receive EXACTLY the type of answer you were expecting. shut the fuck up and GOOGLE something for christ's sake, you little fucking bitch.
pleese see response #1

if it's just a matter of ignorance on my part on not being up to the latest trends and statistics. as far as i knew, dot and snell were the 'must-haves' when it came to helmet standards, at least on the street. and i don't make a regular appearance at the track so it's not likely i would have known all this other shit
if your admitting not knowing the answer to he original question why bother answering it in the 1st place?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Reading comp owns you. Tracking in a car, and then using a the same helmet to ride a motorcycle late. How hard of an idea is that?

HOW IS HAWKING YOUR SHIT ON TOPIC?? I'm asking what kind of helmets can pull double duty? Nowhere in there did I say hey, who has helmets for sale??? I said what kind do I need.

You really need to learn to read you ignorant fuck.

I've only worn helmets that I knew were for a car and am still learning about motorcycle helmets. It cracks me up that you're this fucking much of a little bitch to get worked up over this.

Reacting so shitty??? You're the one that posted after I thanked someone for answering my question. The first two post were only - HEY BUY MY SHIT and didn't provide an answer to the original question.

So once again stop crying that I dont want to buy your shit and that you posted useless fucking information. So in summary Eat a dick faggot and get off my nuts.
some points you may be right on, as i was just casually answering your original question with what i thought was relevant information, and mentioning i had helmets for sale (which, as the word helmets is in the title of the post it would be safe to think that mentioning helmets for sale would be on topic). again, casually. i really, truly could give a fuck less if you bought my shit. i don't need the money, they're not taking up space in my house- i would have actually been doing you a favor, as i would have likely took time out of my weekend to meet with you if you were interested. but i guess i'm not supposed to casually post in 'automotive forums', contrary to what some members' post count would imply.

but you still are and always will be an annoying faggot. i try to be helpful on these boards most of the time, i didn't intend for you to take my post as the gospel but i definitely didn't expect you to be a cock about it. i may be overreacting, but i think that has a lot more to do with the fact i just don't like you.

the standards are FAR from new. the 2005 means the shit has been around for 5 years.
how hard is it to google the helmet name? 1st link is to the helmet on the shoei website that says its a m2005.
more effort than it's worth, just ask will, he made a thread about it that YOU answered. lol. congrats on being all-knowing about helmets.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

i may be overreacting, but i think that has a lot more to do with the fact i just don't like you.
I'll let you know when I give a fuck bitch boy.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
master debater

I'll let you know when I give a fuck bitch boy.
lol. i think you do, because you keep responding.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered member

lol. i think you do, because you keep responding.
coming from the person who is pussy hurt I thanked someone else in the thread for actually answering the question instead of trying to sell their shit.

You didn't have to respond to that, but you did with your hurt feelings and all....
Old 06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
master debater

coming from the person who is pussy hurt I thanked someone else in the thread for actually answering the question instead of trying to sell their shit.

You didn't have to respond to that, but you did with your hurt feelings and all....
are you really that retarded? i don't care if you thanked me, or anybody for that matter. it's just common decency, and like i said you're a repeat offender with shit like this. you're also a hypocrite, as you accuse me of not comprehending what you post but i've found that i've had to repeat myself a few times already. i posted relevant info as far as i knew with a recommendation you find a dot and snell approved helmet, without knowing about the *2005 standards, and mentioned i had one for sale. you came back with a smart ass comment, which pissed me off.

it's really, really not that hard to understand, but seeing as how you do it on a regular basis, i can see how i have to explain this to you, multiple times.

and i will thank you for giving me something to do. nothing better than calling someone retarded and cussing at them to pass a slow work day, especially if it's justified, AND they keep responding.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough

more effort than it's worth, just ask will, he made a thread about it that YOU answered. lol. congrats on being all-knowing about helmets.
SpeedOften really answered it, i just added a bit to it. I just did a bunch of research on it a few months ago when i was buying a cheap helmet for autox that could be used for hpde events without having to worry about ratings.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
master debater

SpeedOften really answered it, i just added a bit to it. I just did a bunch of research on it a few months ago when i was buying a cheap helmet for autox that could be used for hpde events without having to worry about ratings.
lol. shows how much attention i've been paying since i started raging about his cattiness.

i'm also loling about his obvious sense of self-restraint... 'i will not respond to this thread again...'

Quick Reply: Helmets