Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

HAs anyone ever bought a car from an auction?

Old 01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
No Turbo & No Talon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo Talon has disabled reputation
Default HAs anyone ever bought a car from an auction?

I'm considerign going to MAG, TWAA or some local towing companies auctions.

I want to know about how much $$$ should I bring. I own a dsm so i'm a pretty good mechanic so i can tell what to look for in a car. I just dont know what to expect when i get there.

is the auctioneer like on tv and talks all fast?
R the cars crap ?

well anyone who has been or has bought a car please give me your opinions. thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 02:35 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts
Default Re: HAs anyone ever bought a car from an auction?

between my dad, my brother, and I, we have bought probly 5-6 cars from them. This was back in the day before they changed their name to MAG. You can get some pretty good deals from what i remeber. We bought a few vw's, a nx2000, and acouple trucks. Make sure you get there early and look at carss before they go through.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:30 PM
No Turbo & No Talon

about how much $$ shuld i bring with me to get a decent ride?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:13 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

$2000...Me and my brother have bought a number of cars from MAG as well. Definitely check them out before hand as BigheadTed said. Some of the cars are definite peices, and then sometimes there are real nice ones that go for real good deals. And yes they talk real fast, hell point you out and askk if you want this car, how much will you pay for it, yadda yadda yadda. If arent looking at a car you want, jus keep your hand down anddont nod yes lol.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:15 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

yeah when i bout my nx2000 out there hey thought it was a piece. I checked it before hand and the onl problem was no exhaust and they had got the plugs wet from steam cleaning the engine. I bout it less then 2000 then got it home and put in new plugs and bam new car. Had that thing up tell 155g miles sold it with perfect compression acroos the boards. Almost like it came offthe show room floor.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

toxic331 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive bought a couple cars from the dealer auction in fredricksburg.depends on what a "good car" is too you.. i mean you can get a decent car for 2-3k. but deff get there early to check out the cars. and see what # the car is.. and watch for that # to come through..
Old 01-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Registered member

T-Hybrid#2 has disabled reputation

Me too i have been there a few times ..U get good deals threw there every now and then...Its where most local dealers get the cars they sell to us(local consumer)...If u get it there u get it before them...So at there price...Good Deal....
Old 01-20-2005, 10:25 AM
No Turbo & No Talon

thanks so will, lets say $1500 get me a reliable daily driver. i'm just unsure about how much cash i need to have.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

1500 will probably keep you in the crap car range, reliable? depends on your skills I would imagine then. Good cars go quick and more bidding you'll notice a lot of dealers go there as well, try to snag the good cars they can turn around quickly. Go beforehand and take a look at the lot, see if there is anything you want. Bring your 1500 to auction, at least that way you can see whats going on, even if you don't buy that day.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:51 AM
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

is there a deposit fee or some other type of fee you have to pay prior to entering the auction? are there any other fees that apply besides the price of the car?

Quick Reply: HAs anyone ever bought a car from an auction?