Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

H*nd*t* vs Founder of PGMFI.ORG WebSite

Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 AM
Big Daddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron
Arrow H*nd*t* vs Founder of PGMFI.ORG WebSite

Well, it has begun. A big player in the Honda Tuner world has decided to sue the founder of the PGMFI.ORG (Honda DIY) website. This website is the birth place of many programs such as Crome, Netune, Bre, FreeLog, ECUControl, eCtune and many more. The founder of the website needs assistance with legal fees and an attorney.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?t=11755

Please keep your posts clean to avoid being the next target.

Last edited by cmccarron; 10-26-2007 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: H*nd*t* vs Founder of PGMFI.ORG WebSite

Why...did they infringe on any copyrights?

Links for more info?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Big Daddy

cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron cmccarron

originally posted by "http://forum.pgmfi.org/" »

You may or may not remember a matter dating to May of 2006.
Someone posted a k-pro downloader on the pgmfi forum. I didn't remove it as quickly as Hondata desired due to exams and being busy as hell. Cease and desists, letters back and forth, demands and counterdemands, etc. (I'll post all the correspondence exchanged previously later.) And yesterday (10/23/07) I get a proper lawsuit on my back step. Not quite proper service, but I get the point.

I'm kind of wondering what the hell Hondata are trying to accomplish. They seem to forget that I have been one of their strongest advocates, encouraging people NOT to go reverse engineering their software. I would think that losing this would be much more harmful than anything else they would seek. I no longer own PGMFI.org (Vladimir Ivanov purchased it last year) so my ability to affect policy and decisions is limited. I hope they don't think I have any money for them to have...

Oh well.

If anyone thinks they can help or knows of a good IP / internet attorney in LA, let me know. If you have a friend who thinks they can help, show this to them - there is nothing here that isn't public record. I'm more or less broke from trying to get my business off the ground and caring for my family, so it looks like I'll be using the credit cards to pay for my defense. If you feel like contributing to the legal defense, you can send paypal to blundar@gmail.com - Vladimir has already said that he would use some of PGMFI's paypal funds to help out, if needed.

Peace
-Dave Blundell
blundar at gmail dot com
Peace
Old 10-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

ouch...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

WOW! People are shady.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

As one of the PGMFI.org originals, I know Dave, and I've hung out with him a few times when he was in the area on business. I know his intentions aren't bad, and that he can't immediately control what is on the forum. The forum is about knowledge, and not making commercial products that undermine or infringe on other products. But yeah, Dave doesn't check the forums very often, he's as busy as I am and has a lot of forum waste to go through.. An oversight, yes. Heavy handed by Hondata? Yes.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-26-2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

this sucks, So if EVERYONE were to start sending them mail saying we wont buy nothing from them ever again if they do this lawsuit wouldnt help ?? hah just trying to think of somthing to keep him from having to spend $$ I mean if everyone on all the forums on the internet sent them mail saying that...email and REAL MAIL....i bet that would make a difference....???
Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
this sucks, So if EVERYONE were to start sending them mail saying we wont buy nothing from them ever again if they do this lawsuit wouldnt help ?? hah just trying to think of somthing to keep him from having to spend $$ I mean if everyone on all the forums on the internet sent them mail saying that...email and REAL MAIL....i bet that would make a difference....???
Maybe it would, if you used better english then you did in this post?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Banned

DecentCivicZ6 is an unknown quantity at this point

its a forum not english cklass dude...im typing to get it done, not to impress you. come on now.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by DecentCivicZ6
The way to solve this is not to boycott them but instead make them realize that their business is still secure and isn't being threatened. This is the whole point, this was never done to threaten them, only to learn from what they've already accomplished. I understand the ramifications of making Hondata's work into freeware possibly (and that didn't happen with the OBD1 development, Hondata wasn't doing anything that wasn't already known) but the K-Pro systems are primarily hardware based. Even if the software was free, the hardware cost and development complexity still makes it an expensive option.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 10-26-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: H*nd*t* vs Founder of PGMFI.ORG WebSite