Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Guaging M3 purchase...HELP!

Old 04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough
Default Guaging M3 purchase...HELP!

What's up everyone? I was looking through Carmax today here in Richmond and saw this '98 M3 convert. and I'm thinking about checking it out. What do you all think? Here's the link: M3

The low book on it is $18,250 and the Clean Retail value is $20,475. I'd really like to have a new car and I've always wanted an M3. I especially love this body style but I wanted to see what you guys thought about the car in general as well as purchasing it from Carmax. I've heard good and bad things about the company and all I really know is that they're a good company to work for. Thanks in advance for any forthcoming information.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 AM
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Guaging M3 purchase...HELP!

dont know prices on them and all that. but this is pretty low miles for the year
Old 04-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Don't get a vert. They are gay.

You can find a nice M3 for a decent price if you look in the right places.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Theres a yellow '98 M3 (non convertible) for $14,995 here in yorktown at East coast exoctics.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

nice cars, fun to drive.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Autophobic

CivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud ofCivicDuty has much to be proud of

f carmax bro, you keep looking, but nice taste of cars
Old 04-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

svtblowin has disabled reputation

thats kinda pricey...i have seen many newer m3s for cheaper then that. i dont really like that body style... but thats just me..i actually looked at one out in suffolk, and it had that body style, didnt like it so i didnt get it. i was going to trade my 01 328ci in for it..but it wasnt what i expected
Old 04-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

check out the one here in yorktown. and dont get a convertible m3.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

that's a ton of extra money to throw into if you're not actually trying to find a cosmos/black 98 vert with 69k. if you're just trying to get an m3, you can get one for MUCH, MUCH less.

like, half that. or less.

that is a nice car though, don't get me wrong, and fairly priced. and in my obvious opinion, you can't find a better alternative than an e36 m3 for a great combination of daily driving luxury and comfort, and raw performance potential. and then there's the fun-to-drive factor, which i think this car has in folds. actually i prefer driving this car to the sr20det-powered, zeal suspension-tuned 240 i had before it, when i really thought i'd be taking a hit in that department. adequate torque in every gear (although i hear the 95-96 are a bit weaker than the 97+ models), tossability, etc.

performance upgrades and maintenance are a little on the upside compared to the common import/domestic models, however.

oh, and make sure you get one with the vader seats. a big plus, imo.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough

After looking at it, I wasn't that impressed and I think I'm going to keep looking. I didn't like the way the convertible was set up but it did sit and drive extremely well. I'm not really trying to do anything car wise until this winter anyway but I thought I'd check it out. Thanks for the replies but this just wasn't the next car for me.