VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Automotive Discussion (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/)
-   -   The GTP is down for the count..... (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-discussion-8/gtp-down-count-46619/)

vasponger 03-23-2004 05:24 AM

Re: The GTP is down for the count.....

haha, did it have anything to do with all that stuff you just did to it?

Carter 03-23-2004 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Sorry to hear it, dude. I guess it was from too many stickers. Maybe you should get a Honda (but not an Accord, seeing as how you're already blown up one grocery getter)

A civic isn't a grocery getter? =]

sucky.

El Negro 03-23-2004 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Carter
A civic isn't a grocery getter? =]

sucky.

Naw, man....grocery getters have lots of trunk space. A civic is a commuter car. :p

MerF 03-23-2004 05:59 AM

I thought a Civic was a race car!? ;)

Sorry dude...and like it was already said...REBUILD!

Ghostrider 03-23-2004 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by SLOW_GTP
Was coming back to the house yesterday and all of a sudden the car starts making a LOUD tapping sound. I was like WTF and when I got back to the house, I popped the hood and it seemed to be coming from my front head. I was blowing a blueish smoke so that leads me to believe that it is a piston problem. This pisses me off because I can't afford anything to go wrong right now, so I guess that I am just screwed. Unless someone has an L67 shortblock that I can purchase from them for a few hundred bucks......

Let me know if you need help dismantling that piece. Im no mechanic but I did take my motor out and put it back in.

MitsukillinS2K 03-23-2004 06:23 AM

sorry dude good luck with it

PyAri 03-23-2004 06:56 AM

damn. sorry homie.

Dirk Dickbutt 03-23-2004 12:06 PM

Hey thanks all for responding. Since I dont have a garage, I am going to try and take it to the hobby shop this Saturday and pull the heads off to have a better look inside. If anyone would like to come out, I could use an extra wrench turner!! :) Oh for those of you asking: No I was not racing my car, just normal driving. My car has 105,000 miles on it and since I did not do any engine work, I think it was something that was bound to happen anyhow. Also, I dont buy imports, I stick with GM and GM only. Thanks peeps.

-Dan

Ghostrider 03-23-2004 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by SLOW_GTP
Hey thanks all for responding. Since I dont have a garage, I am going to try and take it to the hobby shop this Saturday and pull the heads off to have a better look inside. If anyone would like to come out, I could use an extra wrench turner!! :) Oh for those of you asking: No I was not racing my car, just normal driving. My car has 105,000 miles on it and since I did not do any engine work, I think it was something that was bound to happen anyhow. Also, I dont buy imports, I stick with GM and GM only. Thanks peeps.

-Dan

Just let me know when and where.

Dirk Dickbutt 03-23-2004 12:11 PM

Will do brother.