Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Greetings from Iraq...

Old 01-15-2004, 01:50 AM
Resident Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dasboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Greetings from Iraq...

Hello everyone. I am in the Army, stationed way out here in the West Desert of Iraq. Lately, we have been working on a new site, Virginia Racing Network
This site will be a host to all types of racing, not just street racing, but Road and Circle Track. So anyone that wants to check it out, stop on over. I hope it's okay to mention it here. The site is free to join. And hopefully it will be up and running this weekend.

Just to give you a little history about what I have been doing. I own Hoverspeed Racing, and have ran several Import cars over the last few years. I have two Supra Turbos (both 1987), one of which will hopefully be breaking some records by year's end-as long as I get back home in time! And I also own a rare 745i Turbo, one of the only cars that BMW Turboed from the factory in the 80s. I would like to see that car get over 400 horses when I get home, but it needs some work to get there.

So anyways, I appreciate you guys letting me join your site and hope that some of you will stop by and hang out at ours.

Take care back in the VA,
Robert
Old 01-15-2004, 07:17 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

hey man...I know what its like to be out there in a God-forsaken desert wasteland....it sucks. well, as a fellow servicemember our thoughts and prayers are with you that you return safely...and look forward to seein ya when you come back!

-Dan
Old 01-15-2004, 07:21 AM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

damn, me too, I just got back from there last June. Come home safe and I'll race you with my new engine! Don't need a car, its that fast!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc
Default Re: Greetings from Iraq...

Originally posted by dasboost
Hello everyone. I am in the Army, stationed way out here in the West Desert of Iraq. Lately, we have been working on a new site, Virginia Racing Network
This site will be a host to all types of racing, not just street racing, but Road and Circle Track. So anyone that wants to check it out, stop on over. I hope it's okay to mention it here. The site is free to join. And hopefully it will be up and running this weekend.

Just to give you a little history about what I have been doing. I own Hoverspeed Racing, and have ran several Import cars over the last few years. I have two Supra Turbos (both 1987), one of which will hopefully be breaking some records by year's end-as long as I get back home in time! And I also own a rare 745i Turbo, one of the only cars that BMW Turboed from the factory in the 80s. I would like to see that car get over 400 horses when I get home, but it needs some work to get there.

So anyways, I appreciate you guys letting me join your site and hope that some of you will stop by and hang out at ours.

Take care back in the VA,
Robert
The Supras don't impress me, but your Bimmer does...
Old 01-15-2004, 02:52 PM
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

Dam homie, ill be out there next month...AGAIN
Old 01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally posted by crxnfx
damn, me too, I just got back from there last June. Come home safe and I'll race you with my new engine! Don't need a car, its that fast!
HST group?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Originally posted by MerF
HST group?
I dunno but me and goat are on the HST
Old 01-15-2004, 03:32 PM

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

Ppl sleep on the mk3s but hooked up rite thy are hot business. Would love to see em someday. Welcome to the forum
Old 01-15-2004, 03:39 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally posted by PyAri Chick
Ppl sleep on the mk3s but hooked up rite thy are hot business. Would love to see em someday. Welcome to the forum
Agreed.

Yeah, I'm in the HST (DDG-57)...I talked to Steve about HST one day.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:17 AM
got poi?

tropic is an unknown quantity at this point

dam bro take care....hope you get back soon....how is it now up there.....i was up there about a month after the war started.....i was at cedar 1 then they moved us to nasiriyah and cedar 2we got back in october....

Tony...when you all leavin?....

Quick Reply: Greetings from Iraq...